Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgently need fun activity in galway for saturday!

Options
  • 03-09-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,
    Basically it's me and the boyfriends anniversary this weekend, we were going to go for a fancy dinner out but isn't he after getting his wisdom teeth taken out today so won't be able to eat properly so that's gone out the window.
    Really want to celebrate it by doing something special (that doesn't involve food) have tried looking up listing but there doesn't seem to be anything on this weekend! :(
    We'd be up for pretty much everything, eg. a few weeks ago went to the funfair in salthill and had a great time, we're not too fussy! It's more doing something together a bit out of the ordinary! Doesn't matter if it's cheap or pricey, day or night!
    Anyway if anyone has ANY suggestions no matter how random or ridiculous they'd be VERY much appreciated, thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

This might'nt suit fot the occasion but thought id suggest it anyhow

http://www.pallaskarting.com/

Was their last week with a few mates seriously the best fun ive had in my life!

and beleive me when I say its not one of those places thats aimed at kids the karts do about 55mph

great craic and a bit out of the ordinary.
    Bit of a spin outside the city though but I think its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 spaniel

that's a really good idea actually! I know my boyfriend would LOVE it but neither of is has a car so getting out there might be a bit difficult! if not this weekend then definately file away for another time thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can challenge him to http://www.pureskill.ie/?
    Greyhound Racing http://www.igb.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Falconry at Ashford Castle. Not cheap at €70 per person but well worth it imho. Then if weather is nice ye can spend the rest of the afternoon walking around Ashford Castle/Cong - it's magic up there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Falconry at Ashford Castle. Not cheap at €70 per person but well worth it imho. Then if weather is nice ye can spend the rest of the afternoon walking around Ashford Castle/Cong - it's magic up there

...and round it off with dinner in nearby Lisloughrey House, and if you're feeling flush stay there as well. Great views down on to the lake (Lough Corrib).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

By the way, as you've no car, I think you can get the bus to Cong. Ashford Castle main entrance about a quarter mile outside the village. Lisloughrey a little bit further, but shorter if someone tells you how to get there through Ashford Castle grounds.

Check out the websites for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

spaniel wrote: »
    that's a really good idea actually! I know my boyfriend would LOVE it but neither of is has a car so getting out there might be a bit difficult! if not this weekend then definately file away for another time thanks! :)

Bus to Loughrea (options on the regional page of GalwayTransport.info) and take a taxi from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

the avery at aillwee caves is well worth going to, 3pm everyday they exercise the birds and put on a great display. its as good as a salthill airshow. (dont give me slack for that)

or aran islands, forecast is good, get bikes tour bit of island bring swim gear get a good beach over at kilmurvey and into the big blue.

pints in joe macs and cupla ceapairí and the boat and bus back to galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

well was it karting? or what activity?

hope it was good. it would be good to see if the boards answers turned up trumphs

• Advertisement
Advertisement