Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CDJ 1000 Mk4/ CDJ 2000 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

looks like the job alright
    Just need to apply for a long term loan now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

With the way Pioneer's pricing is going recently, these are going to cost a bloody fortune!
    Definitely next on my wishlist though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Rumours are they're going to be around the €1,800 mark which is pretty steep alright.

Look like they've taken a step in the right direction though, more suitable to club installations rather than choosing serato/traktor and now people have the choice of cd's or flash drives/ext hdd's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gazmc

So it will be a cdj1000 with some updated features and a hard drive?
    Cant wait for it in fairness but at €1800 it will be hard to justify buying a pair especially if you have mk3's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Zabiela is a hero, freaks me out how good a Dj he is! So it's basically a 1000 + the 400's features (usb etc) plus a few others. Couldn't justify the price though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Zabiela is a hero, freaks me out how good a Dj he is! So it's basically a 1000 + the 400's features (usb etc) plus a few others. Couldn't justify the price though......

well yes and no.
    i think it has a larger screen so its easier to navigate your external hd.
    but yeah the price will be ridiculous im sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's not really that far off the price of the Mk3's if I remember rightly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Jev/N wrote: »
    It's not really that far off the price of the Mk3's if I remember rightly?

Recession much!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Technics went down that road with decks and DJ's ended up with the MK2's as a favorite which they still produce. It just gets too bloody complicated and these days no one except the pro's will be able to afford them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Waaayy too expensive.
    For the price of a pair you can get a Mac running Ableton AND Traktor Scratch, with a decent audio interface as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

vinylbomb wrote: »
    Waaayy too expensive.
    For the price of a pair you can get a Mac running Ableton AND Traktor Scratch, with a decent audio interface as well.
    wow thats great so for the same price as an ableton set up you can get a pioneer setup :rolleyes:

its another expensive form of djing.most people dont factor in the cost of a laptop (because they already have one) or a decent soundcard(not a **** cheap one).

your putting it forward that the ableton set up is better value even though theyll perform the same task(dont wanna hear about the possibilities live offers)

Advertisement