Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What wide angle lens for 450D?

• 03-09-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions, I'm still learning so not sure of which lens to buy at an affordable price.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

18 -55 is if you only have body. 55 - 250 is a decent lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Sigma 10-20 is the popular choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Canon 17-18mm IS USM can be got for about e250 second hand at the moment and it's a pretty sweet lens for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

When looking at a wide angle lens for the 450D don't forget to take the crop factor of the sensor into account.

This may be important for what you have in mind or it may not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

LeoB wrote: »
    18 -55 is if you only have body. 55 - 250 is a decent lens.

Just to clarify, I have the body plus standard kit lens, plus EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 lll .
    Looking for a wide angle lens to fit in landscape shots without having the hassle of stitching or overlapping in software afterwards - im a firm believer in getting it right with the equipment you use - not changing it afterwards.

I really appreciate your replies, so based on this info - taking sharpness into account as well, which is better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

I would have to along with Daycent
    The Sigma 10-20 is a great lense

i have mine a few months(also a Canon450D) now
    and i amvery happy withthe results it gives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The Canon EF-S 10-22mm is a good very wide lens. Worth considering too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Just a standard wide angle lens - zoom not needed..............:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mumof2 wrote: »
    Just a standard wide angle lens - zoom not needed..............:o

I got the Tokina 12-24. Great lens.

Advertisement