Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Poll Results

Options
  • 03-09-2009 9:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tommorrows TNS/MRBI poll in the Irish Times announced on RTE news

Yes 46% (-8)
    No - 29 % (+1)
    Don't Know - 25% (+7)

Swing from the Yes side to the maybes pile since the last poll.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

...and are these percentages only a reflection of the people that read the Irish Times??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

...and are these percentages only a reflection of the people that read the Irish Times??

No this is a full nationwide poll by TNSMRBI
    http://www.tnsmrbi.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Sad to say it fails to surprise me. Did the Yes campaigns really think that they could just go on holiday and nothing would happen?

vastly irritated,
    Scofflaw

marco_polo wrote: »
    No this is a full nationwide poll by TNSMRBI
    http://www.tnsmrbi.ie/

Yes a full nationwide poll that I doubt too much of the nation knew about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Nationwide, usually 1000 people sampled at 100 locations.

If it was a reflection of IT readers only, it would probably be far higher for Yes.

• Advertisement

Nationwide, usually 1000 people sampled at 100 locations.

If it was a reflection of IT readers only, it would probably be far higher for Yes.

That's fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yes a full nationwide poll that I doubt too much of the nation knew about...

But statistically a sample of 1000 people is equally as valid as a poll of 1,000,000.

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Sad to say it fails to surprise me. Did the Yes campaigns really think that they could just go on holiday and nothing would happen?

vastly irritated,
    Scofflaw

Indeed should there be a similar slide between now and the next poll in a week or two and it would be really all to play for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Awful news for the YES side. Combine this with the poor postering and the continued focus on fighting the NO claims rather than propagating the YES, means that the Lisbon treaty is in very serious danger of being defeated again.

Have the bookies odd changed since this poll came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Awful news for the YES side. Combine this with the poor postering and the continued focus on fighting the NO claims rather than propagating the YES, means that the Lisbon treaty is in very serious danger of being defeated again.

At more or less the same time, I think, the odds on a No lengthened.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Looks to me like they will have to turn up the media bias a notch or two more.I'm out around putting up vote no to Lisbon posters and I'm getting a great local "community" response.This poll looks promising.

Looks to me like they will have to turn up the media bias a notch or two more.I'm out around putting up vote no to Lisbon posters and I'm getting a great local "community" response.This poll looks promising.

Do you mind if I ask what they say? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

I don't live in dublin sorry bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Any of these posters have any truth on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Euro_Kraut wrote: »

Yes, the odds on a NO vote were 5/1 with PP earlier in the week, they're down to 9/2 now, while the odds on a YES vote were 1/10 and now they're 1/9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Scofflaw wrote: »

vastly irritated,
    Scofflaw
    That was exactly the mistake of YES campaigners during the last referendum.

Advertisement