Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmacanogue now 80km/h northbound, still 60km/h southbound

Options
  • 03-09-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Yep, the signs were put up today at lunchtime...so it's 80km/h northbound now.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I think thats a fair enough change

I know 60kmh seems like a crawl, but while people leaving the Shell garage still try to fling themselves onto the n11 rather than using that off ramp beside them it should remain quite slow just to be safe.

Though now that the school commuting hell is back I'm unlikely to reach 80 through kilmac until the mid term break! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

kilmac is a mess - they need to completely segregate the local traffic from the N11 through the village in both directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Kilmac's reputation as a Garda speed check blackspot is unwarrented, in five years of passing almost every day i think i have seen checks only once or twice.

There is nothing more annoying than people flying along the overtaking lane past the Bray turnoff south bound, then slamming on the breaks the moment they come to the curve going into kilmac. At least once a month i almost come acropper right there:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Have you noticed the 80k speed limit sign is no longer visible as you enter Glen of the downs heading north bound.
    Wonder is that a ploy to catch people out as anyone new to that road would continue doing 100k as advertised at the Delgany on ramp.
    It's not the first time they have been seen there and they have also been leaving the white ford transit gatso van parked up under the bridge just after the Glenview turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Limit is a 100k there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Looks like theyve also changed the limit in kilmac village - going northbound its changed from 60 to 80, but doesnt look like theyve changed in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

eleMental wrote: »
    Looks like theyve also changed the limit in kilmac village - going northbound its changed from 60 to 80, but doesnt look like theyve changed in the other direction.

Yep...the council voted it in for 80km/h northbound, but still only 60km/h south...the problem is the layout of the petrol station on the southbound side and the access to the industrial units where Kelly's Vehicle Recovery building is. There is just not enough space to segregate the traffic unfortunately.

I started a thread in the Wicklow forum earlier this week

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055671786

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Some posts moved to here from G&C. Keeps the place neat and tidy. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

That's good house keeping Damo. You'd make any mother proud.

• Advertisement
Advertisement