Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transparent bias in IRC Lisbon guide

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

The current EU Justice commissioner is a convicted criminal and the vice president of the Barosso commission.
    Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Jesus that's unreal.
    I suppose most people in power got there by doing something bad right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Jesus that's unreal.
    I suppose most people in power got there by doing something bad right?

You know that isn't true. List off all the people in the commission with a criminal record? If you're right there should be lots.

And the guy in the link is the Commissioner for Transport and Tourism not justice. [Edit: Didn't cop initially that the linked article was from 2004]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

he was moved to justice in 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Barrot

the whole controversy with his criminal record though has been settled since 2000 and it was a french national case, the EU parliament were made well aware of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

anyone hear the latest IRC commission adverts on radio. No one can tell me that adverts are not bias towards yes vote. They clearly phrase in such a way that if we vote no it will have a negative effect.
    Dont agree with commission putting out these bullet point statements. The devil is in the detail as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

anyone hear the latest IRC commission adverts on radio. No one can tell me that adverts are not bias towards yes vote. They clearly phrase in such a way that if we vote no it will have a negative effect.
    Dont agree with commission putting out these bullet point statements. The devil is in the detail as they say.

ah ffs

i heard one of them ads

it said along the lines of "did you know there will be a president of commission, bleh bleh"

now what did you hear thats a lie?

oh wait i forgot its advantageous for the NO side to keep people in the dark about the "real" issues so they can continue spreading lies and throwing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If something is true, is one biased if one advocates it?

Assuming they are actually doing that that is

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭papachango

FUD? I will take it that you mean Factual. Undeniable. Decisive. as opposed to fear, uncertainty and doubt. This type of fud is the realm of the 'Yes' campaign in my experience(jobs, economy, recovery, isolation etc All unrelated in ANY way to the treaty, but FUD Pushed by FF, FG, Labour etc. And well you know it.
    My post about the commissioner is Factual. It is Undeniable. And I think it should be Decisive when people are making up their minds about the integrity of the people pushing Lisbon, the treaty itself and our own 'Leaders'! If this is FUD then guilty as charged! The facts surrounding the people pushing Lisbon may be uncomfortable for the Yes camp, but that is their problem.
    Factually,
    Papachango.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

papachango wrote: »
    FUD? I will take it that you mean Factual. Undeniable. Decisive. as opposed to fear, uncertainty and doubt. This type of fud is the realm of the 'Yes' campaign in my experience(jobs, economy, recovery, isolation etc All unrelated in ANY way to the treaty, but FUD Pushed by FF, FG, Labour etc. And well you know it.
    My post about the commissioner is Factual. It is Undeniable. And I think it should be Decisive when people are making up their minds about the integrity of the people pushing Lisbon, the treaty itself and our own 'Leaders'! If this is FUD then guilty as charged! The facts surrounding the people pushing Lisbon may be uncomfortable for the Yes camp, but that is their problem.
    Factually,
    Papachango.

So I take it you support the part where countries can only propose Commissioners and cut out crap like this?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I cannot remember saying that. Maybe it was the voice in your head? Yes, Yes, Yeeessssssss!!

Or do you have trouble dealing with facts as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's a simple question.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

skelliser wrote: »
    btw,off topic but that dma site is very well designed

Doesn't work in Opera browser, us Opera users aren't worth manipulating with suggestive imagery :(

Voting no is the negative though. Just saying thats all :o
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_(word)

Advertisement