Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greens - GE or not?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:16pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I note that from two interviews today we are getting different views on the future of the government. Dan Boyle reckons that there is a strong possibility of a GE in the next six months whereas Gormless insists that the current bed sharing will continue.

Might there be tension in the garden?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/text/ireland/eycwojaukfkf/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah, Gormley will win that "arguement", which I suspect is entirely bogus and designed to give FF something to chew over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Gormley has the trappings of ministerial life.. He wants the GE like I want the gas bill. I've always felt that Gormley was more tied into this FF deal than Boyle anyway. Body language, soundbites etc always give me the impression that Gormley has become a committed green FFer but Boyle was always uneasy. Ryan is somewhere between the two. It really shocked me how fast Gormley cosied up in bed with FF and started to talk like a chap who was in the tent for years. I do think theres a distance between Boyle and Gormley that the pressure of office is starting to reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

NAMA will decide the Greens next move. The party grass roots will reject the current NAMA deal at their October meeting and only if radical (for this country anyway) legislation is introduced to give guarantees on planning, banking legislation and so forth will the party basis give the necessary 66% vote in favour of NAMA at a later date. This, and the contents of the Programme for Government will decide their fate, not what Gormley does or thinks. Remember, they need a 66% vote of those present to support NAMA. They wont get this in October.

Advertisement