Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ifor williams with decks

• 03-09-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

I'm thinking of changing my 12X6 IW with decks for a new Easyload model. I got a quote from Wales today of £4,500 + VAT and a friend of mine will bring it over. What is the price here or up North for such a trailer. Is there any alternative brand with easy-to-use sheep decks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

squarebale wrote: »
    I'm thinking of changing my 12X6 IW with decks for a new Easyload model. I got a quote from Wales today of £4,500 + VAT and a friend of mine will bring it over. What is the price here or up North for such a trailer. Is there any alternative brand with easy-to-use sheep decks?
    aaaaaaaaaaa phone a supplier ???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Go buy a Porter trailer there 10 times the trailer and ive had a few, Ifors, Hudsons etc, The newer Ifors are pure sh**e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I was looking at trailers there a while back.
    For what it's worth, I thought the Hudson was a far stronger trailer than the Ifor Williams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

We got a trailer from Jim Murphy in Tuam there a couple of years back, can't remember the price (easy know I didn't pay for it). Might be worth giving them a ring. It's a gift for sheep, you can put up the deck ramp with one arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

DanFindy wrote: »
    Go buy a Porter trailer there 10 times the trailer and ive had a few, Ifors, Hudsons etc, The newer Ifors are pure sh**e

Dan what was the issue with the ifors, are porter trailers made up north? how would you rate nugents and hudson, have an old bateson trailer for years, would like to update her at some point but dont have massive use so couldnt justify a new one

• Advertisement

Dan what was the issue with the ifors, are porter trailers made up north? how would you rate nugents and hudson, have an old bateson trailer for years, would like to update her at some point but dont have massive use so couldnt justify a new one

I dont think ifors are built near as well as they used to be very flimsy build quality and inferior steel imo, they get worn and tired v quickly but i dont mind the hudsons either their a better trailer than the ifors anyway as pakalasa said earlier, In fairness the oul Batesons were a feckin mighty oul trailer too i remember one i had years ago was a mighty strong oul yoke but a fecker t tow near the end cos there wasnt 2 wheels lined up an all the bands were loose:D Heres a link t Temple trailers they have a nice lookin s/h porter for sale, oh ya Porter trailers are made up north in Castlederg Co. Tyrone
    http://www.templetrailers.com/SecondHandPorter13x510Livestocktrailer1.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 squarebale

Do they have a good decks system. Are they irish made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 squarebale

sorry did'nt read the end of your post

squarebale wrote: »
    Do they have a good decks system. Are they irish made?
    Exellent deck system lad......

DanFindy wrote: »
    I dont think ifors are built near as well as they used to be very flimsy build quality and inferior steel imo, they get worn and tired v quickly but i dont mind the hudsons either their a better trailer than the ifors anyway as pakalasa said earlier, In fairness the oul Batesons were a feckin mighty oul trailer too i remember one i had years ago was a mighty strong oul yoke but a fecker t tow near the end cos there wasnt 2 wheels lined up an all the bands were loose:D Heres a link t Temple trailers they have a nice lookin s/h porter for sale, oh ya Porter trailers are made up north in Castlederg Co. Tyrone
    http://www.templetrailers.com/SecondHandPorter13x510Livestocktrailer1.htm

ever deal with these temple trailer lads or what are they like?

• Advertisement

ever deal with these temple trailer lads or what are they like?

Sound lads and very keenly priced !!!!!!

your not related to them are you Dan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Look at Hamilton trailers in Cooskstown... best trailers bar none on the market. They also have a patented deck system... You would want to be doing a lot of work though to justify the price...

your not related to them are you Dan :)

No not at all lad :pac:

locha wrote: »
    Look at Hamilton trailers in Cooskstown... best trailers bar none on the market. They also have a patented deck system... You would want to be doing a lot of work though to justify the price...

Good trailers too but chronic expensive, you would really need to be making daily use of a trailer to justify one...

Advertisement