Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed

• 03-09-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I don't know if this is in the right forum, I apologise if it is, I really need help though!

Basically we are looking for a service that would allow you to set up a page/site (for free) where the only access to this page would be via a user name (can be common, as in just one user) and a password. The purpose of the site would basically be a place where notes/files (for a school subject) cam be viewed and downloaded and maybe podcasts/sound files be put up aswell.

I really need this for school, any help would be great!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

IBTL Read the rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Mike... wrote: »
    IBTL Read the rules
    ?
    Pardon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The purpose of the site would basically be a place where notes/files (for a school subject) cam be viewed and downloaded and maybe podcasts/sound files be put up aswell.

I really need this for school, any help would be great!
    You could look at installing Moodle.
    Moodle is a Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It is a Free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites.
    I know it can be used to distribute notes. It might have password protection.
    You can try Moodle out at OpenSourceCMS.com

Mike... was saying that the forum charter says that requests for someone to do a project should be posted in adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm going to leave it open so the OP can get recommendations of what kind of software he might be able to use to do this, but if he needs any help getting it set up then that will need to be moved elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'm not familiar with moodle but google apps sounds like it might fit the bill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement