Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zadar - October

• 03-09-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Heading to Zadar for a week in October? Any ideas? Can't hire a car as it is working out way too expensive due to my age.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Have you gone yet?

Spent 3 days in Zadar back in June. Go see the Greeting of the Sun and the Sea Organ. They're down at the water front, any good map will guide you. Impressive pieces designed by a local architech.
    There is also a beautiful church, Church of St. Donat in the centre that has a tower which you can view the whole city from. It was about 20 Kuna each (€3 each).

We rented a car from here and visited the Plitvice National Park, which was amazing! I'd highly recommend the park if you have the time! Its full of lakes connected by beautiful water falls with colour you wouldn't believe, cyan blue, turquoise, green. It was just amazing!
    Buses go from Zadar to Zagreb and stop at Entrance 1 but if its full on the way home, the bus won't stop! There are excursions, but they go very irregularly!

Other National Parks, that I didn't get to see but hopefully will again are the Krka National Park and the Palenka National Park.
    Krka is located just outside Sibenik, it has lakes and waterfalls that you can swim in!
    Paklenica is a rock climbers heaven. Full of rocks, but I heard the sights were beautiful.
    There are buses to both these places!

Hope this helps a little

Advertisement