Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question regarding O2 unlocking.

• 03-09-2009 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I know someone who is with O2 a long time. If I have an O2 locked phone would it be possible to use his number to get an unlock code from O2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

That's what I thought. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It depends on the weather, the price of turnips, the location of the sun and the agent you're talking to.

If your mate is a long time O2 customer it's definitely worth having them ask for you.

Interesting. I thought that if I could get a sound agent I might be able to talk them round. My mate has been with them 10 years on bill pay so it might be worth it . Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I just done an unlock on my mam's phone with o2. It was pretty straight forward.

She still had her o2 sim in the phone, rang customer service and used the automated phone system to go through the whole unlock, you will just need the imei number and a contact number to send the unlock code to. 2 days later you should have an unlock code. simple as.

• Advertisement

But I think when you buy a phone on O2, they keep the phones IMEI and your O2 number so they know what phone you have and will only unlock it if your phone number and IMEI match.

Advertisement