Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAX RELIEF ON TUITION

Options
  • 04-09-2009 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I registered as a postgrad today and when paying fees saw the tax relief on tuition option. Does anyone know what this is or who qualifies? Both my parents are professionals but I thought it was worth inquiring into.
    Any information appreciated, I don't want to contact the college incase its a "stupid" question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

I registered as a postgrad today and when paying fees saw the tax relief on tuition option. Does anyone know what this is or who qualifies? Both my parents are professionals but I thought it was worth inquiring into.
    Any information appreciated, I don't want to contact the college incase its a "stupid" question.

short story:
    - either one of your parents can claim that, but only he/she actually paid them for you.
    - if it was you paying for yourself, you can only get taxes *you* had paid this year.
    - no relief given on registration fee and student levy.

read full story here - http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Blair_Waldorf

Thanks for that :)

Advertisement