Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building and Room Locations

Options
  • 04-09-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi guys ,

Yeah incoming first year here and i was just wondering and locations of rooms cause i wasnt shown during my orintation (or else i cant remember i was kinda 'sick' during it)

was just wondering is 'C1-063'
    Does that mean the c block of the main building and floor 1???

oh and wheres SG-20?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Hi guys ,

Yeah incoming first year here and i was just wondering and locations of rooms cause i wasnt shown during my orintation (or else i cant remember i was kinda 'sick' during it)

was just wondering is 'C1-063'
    Does that mean the c block of the main building and floor 1???

oh and wheres SG-20?

Each main building on the campus has an individual code made up of 1 or 2 letters at the start of a room number.
    For example, KB is the Kemmy Business School, P is the PESS bulding, CS is the computer science and so on.

Then following on from that you get the number of the floor in the building followed by the Room number.
    So for example with CS1-046 you would have the computer science building, first floor and room 046.

SG-20 is in the Schumann building on the ground floor and room 20 :)

If you're given a room address starting with A-B-C-D or E it's referring to a block of the main building. The floor names are different here (as some blocks are built on a slope) but they go in the order of G (ground), O, M, 1, 2, 3.

There are plenty of maps around the main building and it'll take time to get used to the place but after a bit you'll be comfortable with it. Just ask someone near you if you're lost, they'll give ya a hand I'm sure! :D

Hope that helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

oh ok thanks a million . !!!!:D:D

Advertisement