Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 500mb add-on

• 04-09-2009 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

ok, i applied for this last week since i got the n97 and figured i would be using alot of data when not at home.

Looked at my bill online tonight and found that i had been charged the full amount for using 19kb of data!!! i thought that add-ons where supposed to be added on at the start of the next bill, not a fecking day before the next billing month!

Can i do anything about this before i go screaming at customer care tomorrow??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

are you connecting via live or isp?

im guessing isp, call them up and get them to change your add on from the 500mb live to the 1 gig isp, costs the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 voteforlee

no i seriously doubt you could get any help unless you re a power user. For example if you have some leverage like threatening them losing a company your involved with or something you should just accept it or change networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Cyrus wrote: »
    are you connecting via live or isp?

im guessing isp, call them up and get them to change your add on from the 500mb live to the 1 gig isp, costs the same
    Sorry but I'm a bit of a space cadet when it comes to phones, but what is the difference?

I have a jailbroken iphone and am just looking for the best data plan for it. I presume I'd be connecting via ISP with it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's 2 different access points (mainstream ones).

Live - everything runs through a proxy and is optimised for your handset. Won't let you use certain applications or your phone/device as a modem.

ISP - virtually unrestricted web browsing where nearly everything should work as it would on your home broadband.

To check your access point just see if it's live. or isp. in the access point list. Also the sticky at the top of this forum will give you the settings if you need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Random wrote: »
    There's 2 different access points (mainstream ones).

Live - everything runs through a proxy and is optimised for your handset. Won't let you use certain applications or your phone/device as a modem.

ISP - virtually unrestricted web browsing where nearly everything should work as it would on your home broadband.

To check your access point just see if it's live. or isp. in the access point list. Also the sticky at the top of this forum will give you the settings if you need them.

Proxy not required for Live! anymore. All apps work fine on iphone with it. Major advantage of Live! now that I can see is that its only 99c a day for 50 mb to use it while aboard. Also, i have inserted my VF prepaid sim into a modem and connected to Live! while aboard and it works!

• Advertisement
Advertisement