Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think we should rebuild the roundabout at the Moneenageisha Junction??

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Zzippy wrote: »
    Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! :pac:

Metro 'Wet' Anyone <cough>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

my car costs me 550euro a month between loan, insurance, tax and petrol.

My bus ticket costs me E60/month.

Your figure omits parking, depreciation, and maintenance, so should be higher still.

I figured out long ago that it's cheaper for me to hire a car every 2nd or 3rd weekend, than to own one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

JustMary wrote: »

Your figure omits parking, depreciation, and maintenance, so should be higher still.

I figured out long ago that it's cheaper for me to hire a car every 2nd or 3rd weekend, than to own one myself.

Does that 60euro allow you to have unlimited travel on all bus companies for 7days? If I remember rightly in London it cost me 80euro a month for unlimited tube, bus and train services within the right zones.
    If it was then I would jump at the offer and leave the car at home even coming from Oranmore to the city with the very few buses (I would still keep the car as I enjoy walking and so enjoy getting out to the Burren and Connemara which is nigh on impossible by public transport)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Galway CC shouldn't be allowed to touch our roads any more, everything should be outsourced to people that know what their doing. Everything they do either makes things worse or has absolutely no benefit to drivers or pedestrians.

They throw away money on pointless roadworks just to use up their budget while ignoring work that actually needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

corribdude wrote: »
    I said 10pm in my post, not many films ending at 10 considering they all basically start at 9 or later. Duh. Oh and by the way, things are alot worse now for people leaving the eye 'AT 1 IN THE MORNING' and going through the junction than they were before. There used to be hardly any tailback into wellpark retail park, when the roundabout was in place it was actually very free flowing as there was little traffic coming from the other directions at that time of night. Now it doesn't matter if there is little or no traffic as you are going to be stuck at the lights waiting for traffic light changes (3-4 minutes between changes), hence why traffic is getting tailed back right into the retail park every night.

thats exactly the point I was making??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

Zzippy wrote: »
    Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! :pac:

if the Simpsons has taught us anything, this is a very bad idea :p

well i cant hire cars for another 4 years and i use my car alot in the evenings so it's an expensive choice i've made.

anyways, this isn't a thread about car versus bus. i think we can all agree on the monorail being the only solution :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Webbs wrote: »
    Does that 60euro allow you to have unlimited travel on all bus companies for 7days? If I remember rightly in London it cost me 80euro a month for unlimited tube, bus and train services within the right zones.
    If it was then I would jump at the offer and leave the car at home even coming from Oranmore to the city with the very few buses (I would still keep the car as I enjoy walking and so enjoy getting out to the Burren and Connemara which is nigh on impossible by public transport)

Sadly, no.

Bus Éireann only. And then it's only their city-services, not the regional ones to Oranmore. (I think .. never actually tried it on the Oranmore shuttle ... I'm sure the rules say "no", but 'twould be good craic to give it a go ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Sadly, no.

Bus Éireann only. And then it's only their city-services, not the regional ones to Oranmore. (I think .. never actually tried it on the Oranmore shuttle ... I'm sure the rules say "no", but 'twould be good craic to give it a go ;) )

Ah am sure they would turn a blind eye if you ever wanted to go for a drink in Oranmore :D

Back on topic there has been an improvement since they allowed 2 lanes to go straight on from cemetery and 2 lanes turning right from college road, although perhaps I shouldnt say too much as noone seems to have cottoned on to the 2 lane thing from college road, so you can zip down the left hand lane turn right at the lights then up past the G and suffer the wrath for a few seconds of those that think wrongly that you are taking th p**s as you filter into the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

ScumLord wrote: »
    Galway CC shouldn't be allowed to touch our roads any more, everything should be outsourced to people that know what their doing. Everything they do either makes things worse or has absolutely no benefit to drivers or pedestrians.

Exactly. Bring in ze Germans I say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement