Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a masters in the north, how can i fund it??

Options
  • 04-09-2009 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i finished my primary degree in may and went straight on the dole, havnt been able to save much at all, in fact i can just about pay the fees for my masters in derry. I know its wrong but i plan on continuing to claim the dole (in offaly) while i do it, what i want to know is if the gov cross check with universities in the north e.g. what are my chances of being caught?

also, is there any type of legitimate funding available to do a masters up north as i am seriously screwed for money... thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

No real funding from NI (depends on course but there's very little about), however the grants etc. from your local councils/vecs do cover Masters degrees at most NI insititutions (UU and QUB, and maybe another couple of the smaller ones). Worth taking a look into.

I can't comment on your other question and I don't think any other boardsies can either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

thers a north south ireland scheme but deadline has closed and a scheme similar to saas in scotland.maybe you could apply for them next year

Advertisement