Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hard disk problems

Options
  • 04-09-2009 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

hey guys havin some cmajor problems here hopin you might be able to point me in the right direction.
    im building a new system here at the moment its up and running no probs but one of the hard drives is giving hastle, its a hitachi ultrastar 1tb and for some reason its only showing as 32mb in my computer if you select properties for the disk. its brand new never been used before cant understand it , i got 2 and the other one is perfect showing as full 1tb.
    ant help would be greatly appriciated

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What is it showing up as under disk management?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

Jonathan wrote: »
    What is it showing up as under disk management?

its showing as a hard disk in device manager and it says this device is working properly cant understand it . even if i remove the other hard disk i stil have same problem with this one

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

No, disk management, not device manager. :)

Control panel, admin tools, disk management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

noodletop wrote: »
    for some reason its only showing as 32mb in my computer
    Double check the jumper settings, then check whats reported in the BIOS.
    Try it in another computer.
    If BIOS reports it wrong in both computers then its electronically faulty , send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

thanks for the help guys put it in another machine and booted xp on got it going then formatted it perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

noodletop wrote: »
    thanks for the help guys put it in another machine and booted xp on got it going then formatted it perfect

Out of interest (and to be able to answer the question next time I'm asked), what OS was on the first PC you tried it in?

Advertisement