Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a VPN on UPC

• 04-09-2009 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Sorry for all the tlas.....

I haven't used UPC for over 3 years since I moved house (was then ntl and wasn't available in my new area).

Recently UPC have upgraded in the area, and I'm thinking about going back to the 20Mb service.

However the big worry I have is that with ntl I was never able to sucessfully connect to my work VPN, with eircom I have never had a problem in that regard.

Can anyone confirm if this will be an issue for me?.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I reguarly use a VPN connection to my office from my UPC 20mbps connection at home (in Navan, but i doubt that'll make any difference) without any problems.

It's the Nortel Networks VPN client if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I have that issue too. And so does a colleague living in the same area. I need to use VPN to logon to work but it wont let me. I am connected on VPN but I cant access parts of the company network. My IT dept checked and all setting on the laptop and VPN are correct, so its most likely a problem with UPC. Does anyone of you know what setting I need to check on the modem for it to work properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Poncke, if you're going to start a thread on this issue, I'd suggest not bumping every other thread that has dealt with it in the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement