Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lookalikes

Options
  • 04-09-2009 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see The Lookalikes on TV3 this morning? I tuned in for the 7.30 news and sports and then heard the presenter say that 2 members of the band would be in studio after the break to discuss their reunion gig.

Most people from Dublin who went to gigs in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s would remember this band. They had a residency in many pubs and clubs around the county and a lot of people used to follow them to hear them play

Well, 2 of the lads were on the show discussing those happy days back then, when a gig and a few bottles of Carlsberg Special were a great way to pass the evening. Then they played an acoustic version of one of their hits……………

My heart is broken. I appreciate that it is extremely difficult to sing early in the morning, but lads, if that is what is on offer for the reunion gig, I’d seriously reconsider and leave the good memories where they are. Did anyone else hear them and have an opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 owen mc elroy

I used to go and see them in the Crofton Airport Hotel. If ever a band was destined to make the big time it was them. They had such amazing songs. Such a pity they never did.
    I watched some of the Programme on TV3 this morning but then had to leave for work. They were going to announce a gig. Does anybody know when and where its on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Tomorrow at The Button Factory. Tickets at www.tickets.ie, . If you go, let me know how it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Saw the TV3 item. Never liked them anyway, but that was beyond belief. Did one of them not spot quite how bad it was before they went on? They'd have been laughed off the early stages of the X Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I remember seeing them as support to Lizzy in the RDS in the early 80's and thought they were pretty good on the night but after that they just disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

saw them play their very first gig in the sportsmans inn and i thought they were brilliant unfortunatley they went off the boil quite quickly.pity really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 owen mc elroy

I went to see the Lookalikes last Saturday. Not very impressed. Firstly the sound was terrible. But worse than that, about 70% of their set was covers. Not what people came to hear. Very poor crowd also...about 250 people. They have killed my memories :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

shaywest wrote: »
    saw them play their very first gig in the sportsmans inn and i thought they were brilliant unfortunatley they went off the boil quite quickly.pity really!
    Monday night residency in the Sportsman. That's where I used to watch them. Ah well.............

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

I believe Sean o Connors (lead singer)was the manager and that was wher the problems lie.A decent manager and they could have made the big time.
    I know,i saw them hundreds of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

They were never good enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement