Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Radiator

Options
  • 04-09-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I am planning to remove a radiator to fit a kitchen press. Do not need to replace as there is another rad that will provide enough heat.

I will need to shorten and block off the feed/return pipes.
    Anybody got any tips/tricks?
    Has anybody tried using a freezing kit to avoid draining the system?

Thanks,

danjo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is a few risks assocated with doing this. to be honest the simplist i would suggest is you just disconnect the rad leave the valves and put the kitchen unit over it. You will have to cut out the back but at least if your not happy the rad can go back easy enough.

If your using the freezing kits you will need about 12" of straight pipe to work with.

The danger really is 2 fold

1. If it leaks you will have to stop it quick. while you tap it. Have a couple of tec tite blanks on hand

2. The pressure will drop and you will need to re pressurise the system, Easy enough to do but you need to do it slowly and carefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Thanks Joey. Maybe leaving them there as you suggest is the best option.

Advertisement