Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platini Subscribes to Sky+!!

Options
  • 04-09-2009 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Just heard that Michel Platini has subsibed to Sky+ in order to closely monitor Harry Redknapp's transfer activity...

This is following tip offs from Soccer Board members in Ireland who have witnessed Mr Redknapp on Sky Sports News using contract breaking inducing language such as 'ee's a smashing lad' and 'yeeah I lav craachie but ee belongs to pompay', and the worst of the lot 'ee's a west 'Aaaam player and pleeese gawd let it stay that waay'.

Watch out 'Arry we do want to make signings in 2010!!

(Just having a laugh.....:D:D as i notice Harry is still getting bashed up on Soccer!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You still banging this drum?

Premier League Rules:
    Approaches to Players

1. A Club shall be at liberty at any time to make an approach to a Player with a view to negotiating a contract with such a Player:

1.1 if he is an Out of Contract Player, or,
    1.2 in the case of a Contract Player, with the prior written consent of the Club (or club) to which he is contracted.

2. A Club shall be at liberty after the third Saturday in May in any year and before the 1st July next following to make such an approach to a Contract Player:

2.1 who will become an Out of Contract Player on that 1st July; and
    2.2 who has received no offer from his Club under Rule M.17.2 or
    2.3 who has received but has declined such offer.

3. Any Club which by itself, by any of its Officials, by any of its Players, by its Agent, by any other Person on its behalf or by any other means whatsoever makes an approach either directly or indirectly to a Contract Player except as permitted by either Rule K.1.2 or Rule K.2 shall be in breach of these Rules and may be dealt with under the provisions of Section R.

Unless 'Arry has the prior written consent of any club to one of their players then he should not be talking about them in the press, whether he is asked a question or not.

And if that is not sinking in, then maybe this will?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/jan/18/newsstory.sport10
    Aston Villa have been found guilty of making an illegal approach for striker James Beattie earlier this year.

The FA Premier League reprimanded the club but chose not to fine the Midlands side.

Villa officials, including manager David O'Leary, attended a Premier League hearing this afternoon to answer the charge, which was brought after O'Leary was quoted last summer as saying "there is a player there who wants to join us".

The manager argued he was only responding to press questions after Southampton had made it known Beattie was available for sale but that defence failed.

We have only avoided a similar fate because the clubs we are dealing with are more interested in the transfer fee, just like Levy was when he dropped his complaints against Liverpool and United last year (and like he was when he allowed Arnensen go to Chelsea despite their illegal approach)

It's heartening to see somebody want to defend his club and it's employees, but open your eyes a little while you're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Sorry, I do tend to go on a bit!!! but...
    You still banging this drum?

Premier League Rules:

Unless 'Arry has the prior written consent of any club to one of their players then he should not be talking about them in the press, whether he is asked a question or not.

If mentioning other team's players in interviews (as per Harry and every other manager in the PL) were illegal as per the regulations, then Harry and every other manager in the PL would have a couple of life-time imprisonments by now!! Do you think that Harry would, openly and knowingly on behalf of a multi-million pound listed corporation, live on SkySports News break the law/rules!?!? I'm sorry your argument is absurd.
    And if that is not sinking in, then maybe this will?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/jan/18/newsstory.sport10

Is this the best example you can drag up?! James Beattie in Jan 2005 where, as per the article, the club received no more than a warning??
    We have only avoided a similar fate because the clubs we are dealing with are more interested in the transfer fee, just like Levy was when he dropped his complaints against Liverpool and United last year (and like he was when he allowed Arnensen go to Chelsea despite their illegal approach)
    Again this is naive - it was Levy using negotiating tactics in all those cases to get the highest possible fee.It's heartening to see somebody want to defend his club and it's employees, but open your eyes a little while you're at it.

I am defending our manager Harry because for some reason, because he's good on tv, he's getting made a scape-goat for what, and i agree, is a football-wide corrupt transfer system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Just heard that Michel Platini has subsibed to Sky+ in order to closely monitor Harry Redknapp's transfer activity...

This is following tip offs from Soccer Board members in Ireland who have witnessed Mr Redknapp on Sky Sports News using contract breaking inducing language such as 'ee's a smashing lad' and 'yeeah I lav craachie but ee belongs to pompay', and the worst of the lot 'ee's a west 'Aaaam player and pleeese gawd let it stay that waay'.

Watch out 'Arry we do want to make signings in 2010!!

(Just having a laugh.....:D:D as i notice Harry is still getting bashed up on Soccer!)
    I'll shut about it now!! even i'm fed up with it..

Just annoyed at people critcising our club and manager through their SkySports goggles!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You mean to tell me United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal Fans are deflecting their own fairly ****e transfers away from them and putting the spotlight on us?

Never!!!

Don't worry about it man, your always going to get blinkered twats jhumping to there own conclusions having only read the star and watch SSN.

Having said that, I don't for one second believe HArry is a saint when it comes to "Tapping up" players. IMO it should be stated that any manager that is proven to unsettle a player through press or what have you is given a ban on transfers (Not the club now the manager) so even if they are sacked they still cant sign anyone for a new club.

I'm sure in the real world it wouldn't work but hell wait till i'm head of FIFA. :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement