Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone IT Directions

Options
  • 04-09-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there

Just wondering if Athlone IT is signposted off the N6 around Athlone. ALso, is that stretch still an N6 or has it been reclassified to M6...

THanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

No it is still the N6. It is signposted off the dual carraige way (as far as I recall). which side are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

If yo are coming from west of the Shannon, you will travel the full length of the bypass and at the last roundabout ie. woodies, mcDonalds you will see signposts for AIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Thanks!

I am coming from the West alright. I didn't think you came across that roundabout with Woodies etc anymore, I thought you had to turn off the dual carriageway to actually get to it.... It's signposting on the dual carriageway that I'm wondering about. Friend of mine is travelling and she knows her way from that roundabout but is just afraid that she'll miss the turnoff the dual carriage way with the new road layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Laura, you will be going near the end of the end of the dual carraige way. The best way to describe it is take the exit AFTER after the 1st exit for Ballymahon (3rd exit after crossing over the river). Turn right and follow that road over the humpback bridge, keeping left, the college is a few hundred metres on the right. You will see the athletics track and the cage etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Why don't you just use google earth ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Why don't you just use google earth ?

Because shes an undergraduate. Part of the college years provides one with the ability to learn how to find information handy. It was years before i learned of the joys of wiki etc.

Yes i know you can learn this outside college too

Advertisement