Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male grooming products

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'm traveling light at the moment

pic

You should see my bigger bag :pac:

Ivee seen those bags before man I was my dads b!tch when he went of land scaping, and the worst thing i ever had to do was carry a poxy panarmic up some moutiain in kerry :mad:.....

tho I got of school so it kinda makes up for it... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Manbags are a gateway to the darkside

deoderant anyone?
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,554963,00.html

Man Says Spray-On Deodorant Turned Him Into Human Fireball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

yes please..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

Shampoo - Any Head and Shoulders
    Shower Gel - Natural Source Lime
    Moisturizer/Post Shave - L'Oreal Men Expert 24HR Hydrating Balm, or anti re-greaser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I've had a lot of trial and error with grooming products but here's what I'd currently recommend:

Wax - I use Fish, you can get it in Boots. Tis good, I've tried tons of wax and all are too light/too greasy, this one feels best
    Shampoo/Conditioner - American Crew Mint, smells fantastic
    Soap/Shower Gel - Used to use Zirh soap bar but went back to radox
    Shower gel - Just use Gilette, nothing fancy
    Moisturiser - Clinique M-Lotion, the best I've used by miles. I use their face wash and scrub too, good stuff if they're in a 3 for 2.
    Eyes - Yeux Eye Gel. Was recommended like crazy on mankind.co.uk and was worth it

Don't see the point of manbags myself though, prefer a plain black Eastpak rucksack myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

shellyboo wrote: »
    My favourite thing about male grooming products is the marketing terminology they use. It's all "refuel your skin" and crap. It's moisturiser boys! Whatever way you spin it.
    Don't forget the hard industrial colours and straight lined heavy fonts :D
    The last research I read on the male grooming industry was that men show more brand loyalty than women
    Wow, I have no loyalty whatsoever with my products.
    shellyboo wrote: »
    :eek: I am both shocked and impressed! Never met a man who admitted to using Lush products before :) Question is - will you go buy more when it runs out?! :pac::D:p
    I'll never go to Lush again. The founder and owner is a man who funded protesters who illegally entered the runway area at Stanstead airport and caused chaos for thousands of passengers. I never liked the smell of the place to begin with but I haven't and won't ever buy a product from there again :)

I use:
    shampoo
    conditioner
    shower gel
    deodorant
    moisturiser with SPF

I also sometimes use an exfoliating wash (you know, one with grit in it). That definitely does help remove the dead layers that have been matted down and removes all the dirt and sweat from blocked pores.

Other than that I don't use anything else.

r3nu4l wrote: »

I'll never go to Lush again. The founder and owner is a man who funded protesters who illegally entered the runway area at Stanstead airport and caused chaos for thousands of passengers. I never liked the smell of the place to begin with but I haven't and won't ever buy a product from there again :)
    I was in Lush with my g/f a few months back. She spent a load but I got a free gift of Dark Angels Exfoliant - with charcoal coal dust and god knows what but it really worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Right so normally i would use the old regular shampoo/shower gel combo in the shower, with shaving gel on the face, hair gel for a style...now this stuff in Lush...i know they are against animal testing etc but are their products suitable for vegetarians to use (like myself) or vegans?

My skin and hair usually aint too shabby, i keep fit and eat decently but was thinking sure a little extra cant hurt really...its only a little:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

76% of Lush products are vegan, apparently. The staff in the shopwould probably be able to tell you which ones! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

shapez wrote: »
    Just my from my experience. I have tried them all, Nivea, Clinique, Clarins, Gillette, Lynx, etc. As I have sensitive skin they all failed in some shape or form for me. I got the rashes, the redness, the stinging, etc. I had enough and couldn't take it anymore, so I consulted in a beauty therapist friend of mind who introduced me to Dremalogica.

For the past 7 years I have been using Dermalogica products. They are absolutely fantastic. I urge you to at least try a sample range, you will not be disappointed.

Check out this website for a list of products.
    http://www.care4yourskin.com/index.php?action=58&manufacturer=3

I know because there is so many you will be wondering what the hell to choose. I you need help, by all means send me a PM and I'll gladly do the best I can for you.

Hope this helps.

+1

Iv tried loreal/nives etc for my skin and result was stinging or breaking out. My sisters friend recently mapped my skin and im using this and its ****ing some stuff i tell ya

ULstudent wrote: »
    +1

Iv tried loreal/nives etc for my skin and result was stinging or breaking out. My sisters friend recently mapped my skin and im using this and its ****ing some stuff i tell ya

I know someone who is allergic to Aloe Vera ( me Im just allergic to vera) but its dropped into everything these days so watch out.

I was using shampoos that gave me dandruff and go a basic boots anti-dandruff shampoo and its great. I sometimes think so products aggravate dandruff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

for aftershave lotion I buy whats on special offer at the time, usually loreal or nivea. it has to have no alcohol and aloe vera. I shave twice a week so it lasts

for deodarant I buy from the 2euro shop, usually sure sport or some other known brand name, no generic/fake lynx.

shaving gel is whatever is the cheapest I can find when I run out, but it has to be for sensitive skin. usually the cheap guilete stuff for 1.50

shampoo&conditioner is tesco coconut, but I wash my hair 1/2 per week now as its better for my hair, not because I'm a cheapo.

I use tescos cheapest shampoo as a shower gel, its a huge bottle for something like 60c.

I have tons of moisturisers left from sun burn treatment, I use them before I shave, there for body but face has skin too, so it works.

for eau de toilete its always something nice/expensive, last one I bought was jean paul gautier summer fragrance 08'. I do go thru large time periods were I dont bother with it. (Im out of deodorant now so Im using a Tommy fragrence under my arms)

most expensive Ive bought was clinique chemistry, 55euro for a small bottle

no special face wash, just shampoo or plain water.

I used to spend a small fortune on all the metrosexual stuff, its a huge waste of money, and totally gay.
    (*not that gay is bad)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Shower Gel - anything really, usally go for something on offer 2 fo €5 or whatever
    Shampoo - always head and shoulders - everything else gives me dandruff :confused:
    Face wash - Nivea
    Moisturiser - Aqueous (have senstive skin and this stuff is great and cheap as chips!)
    Shaving Foam - Vichy for senstive skin
    Eau de toilete - too many to list!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Shampoo - Awful issues with dandruff but Head & Shoulders seems me right, I wouldn't buy anything else
    Face Wash & Exfoliator - Using Clearasal products. Not a teenager and no spots but like their products
    I used to work for Procter & Gamble, I must have been brainwashed there!

Razor: Some new fangled Gillette Mach Fusion. Has a battery to vibrate, I'm not impressed with it or extortionate price of the blades. Won't be buying again
    Moisturizer: L'Oreal Ant-Drying. Very happy with it

Shower Gel: Anything realy bar Tesco own brand which is cheap and nasty. Lidl sells Radox cheap

Advertisement