Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisonally Registered

• 04-09-2009 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I rang the grant office in my county council, they still havent looked at my grant application. So I rang the fees office in maynooth, the lady working was saying to pay the €77 and they will provisionally register me pending grant approval. I was just wondering what this means, i.e will i get my student card etc would I be better off trying to pay the €1577 and hope I get the money back quickly enough?
    Have any others had to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Unfortunately no you dont get your student card so means you also cant go to the library etc. Really stupid idea i know. But as soon as your grant is approved the college will be notified and you can fully be registered then. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Once you know your student number then you can go in to the library if you're willing to pay €1 entry. You won't be able to take books out but I'm sure you can find someone to take them out for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Thanks, hopefully it won't be long until I find out about the grant, I'm sure others will be in the same position too, :rolleyes: I left in the application five weeks ago :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

I always found out before i registered. In second year i didnt even have to show a letter or nothing.
    So maybe the same will happen for you. Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Yep I'm there too.. we'll be the weirdos skulking outside the library :)

• Advertisement

Yep I'm there too.. we'll be the weirdos skulking outside the library :)
    Yay!!! I wont be alone!!! There will be a little group of us wierdos trying to convince people to get out books for us!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Haha but we'll do it in style :cool: What a nice way to start college life..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

ontour wrote: »
    I rang the grant office in my county council, they still havent looked at my grant application. So I rang the fees office in maynooth, the lady working was saying to pay the €77 and they will provisionally register me pending grant approval. I was just wondering what this means, i.e will i get my student card etc would I be better off trying to pay the €1577 and hope I get the money back quickly enough?
    Have any others had to do this?

Going into 2nd year, I rang kcc the other day and the guy told me to pay the full amount and that they will send out the 1500 like they did last year (it was near the end of the year though)

Thanks, hopefully it won't be long until I find out about the grant, I'm sure others will be in the same position too, :rolleyes: I left in the application five weeks ago :pac:

Left in my renewal at the start of july :pac:

encryptix wrote: »
    Going into 2nd year, I rang kcc the other day and the guy told me to pay the full amount and that they will send out the 1500 like they did last year (it was near the end of the year though)

Left in my renewal at the start of july :pac:
    I rang the college and they said to only pay the €77 as alot of people still wont have there approval letter by registration, hope this helps? It just seems easier then trying to get the €1577.

On a different subject, on your renewal form do you need your parents income etc again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The same thing happened to me in first year, they'll give you an orange sheet, just keep it folded up an with you along with another form of ID and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me in first year, they'll give you an orange sheet, just keep it folded up an with you along with another form of ID and you'll be fine.
    Cheers, hopefully I won't be waiting long to hear word of the grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

I rang the college and they said to only pay the €77 as alot of people still wont have there approval letter by registration, hope this helps? It just seems easier then trying to get the €1577.

On a different subject, on your renewal form do you need your parents income etc again?

I have the 1577 to pay (saving since last year for it!) so i might just do that if its handier and get the 1500 back sometime during the year.

The renewal form was only one page where i had to tick the box as to if the income levels had changed etc, and that was it.

Advertisement