Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player blocked with my UPC broadband

Options
  • 04-09-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Anyone with UPC (chorus/ntl) broadband able to use RTE player? I get blocked suspecting I am using non Irish IP address with chorus. I take it the IP address is still routed through UK or somewhere else? I guess I might have to wait till I can watch it on the STB :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Worked for me last weekend when using my parents' connection, and many a time before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No working fine here also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Out of interest - can you access BBC Radio 5?

john47832 wrote: »
    Out of interest - can you access BBC Radio 5?

I can. All radio is available around the world from the BBC site.

What is your IP's DNS report as being?

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    I can.

yes - seems you down as being in UK - handy if you want to listen to 5 live

BBC makes their radio available worldwide, it's not an indication of the IP being resolved to the UK. Try watching a TV show on the BBC iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

ntlworld.ie hasn't changed name.

chello is the DNS name for the server.

ns2.chello.at
    ns3.chello.at
    ns01.chello.com
    ns02.chello.com

The whole marketing of UPC/Chello has gone a bit pair shaped in Ireland.

I cannot watch the BBC's Iplayer of TV shows. My IP address is putting me in Ireland.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    BBC makes their radio available worldwide, it's not an indication of the IP being resolved to the UK. Try watching a TV show on the BBC iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

sorry i think its just for the football on saturdays, any time i try to listen online to a game I get a message, no access you are not in UK

sorry i think its just for the football on saturdays, any time i try to listen online to a game I get a message, no access you are not in UK
    Ah man, call it soccer. We have our own football here. :P

If anyone can get access to a TV programme on the iPlayer, then the IP that person is using is from the UK, that's for certain. It's not enough to just visit the site, the real test is choosing a programme and attempting to stream it.

• Advertisement

Yeah that could be the case alright I think Today FM have rights for Ireland.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    If anyone can get access to a TV programme on the iPlayer, then the IP that person is using is from the UK, that's for certain. It's not enough to just visit the site, the real test is choosing a programme and attempting to stream it.

I tried Mock the Week

I get the following message:-

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to Radio channels home page

Elmo wrote: »
    I tried Mock the Week

I get the following message:-

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to Radio channels home page
    Ha, I picked the same programme. Same message. On BT Ireland IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

I am blocked as suspected using BBC iplayer but rte player still blocked after modem reboot. My IP address does not seem to change at all, static maybe?

Hostname: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.ntlworld.ie
    IP address owner: Hostmaster Chello Broadband
    Austria
    IE

mayto wrote: »
    I am blocked as suspected using BBC iplayer but rte player still blocked after modem reboot. My IP address does not seem to change at all, static maybe?

Hostname: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.ntlworld.ie
    IP address owner: Hostmaster Chello Broadband
    Austria
    IE

Have you try watching http://www.orf.at/ ? :D

Advertisement