Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In through the out door 30th anniversary 1979 - 2009

• 04-09-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Led zeppelin's last studio album(I dont count Coda) was released on August 15th 1979. A bit different when compared to the previous albums, what with the synth work on some songs. Anyway while reading When giants walked the earth I've been listening to all the zeppelin stuff again and ITTOD is something that I'm really into the last week or so.I think it is because it is so different to the other stuff that makes it good.

Track listing

1. In the Evening
    2. South Bound Saurez
    3. Fool in the Rain
    4. Hot Dog
    5. Carouselambra
    6. All My Love
    7. I'm Gonna Crawl

Well what are peoples opinions of the album.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Obviously people dont think much of the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Give us time! :eek:

This was my first Led Zep album simply cos it was new at the time, I was 14 and was just getting into 'proper' rock music. It seemed an obvious place to start and it prolly has a slightly elevated place in my collection for that reason. That said I like it on its own terms, Carouselambra being the favouite along with In the Evening with that tracks "jerky" bit in the middle (dunno why but I like discordant moments in music).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

an awesome album

In the evening, carouselambra & all my love - there's 3 classic rock songs right there.
    The other songs are no slouches either.

It's zeppelin - what's not to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I think its below par Zeppelin, and hence thats why most people don't rate it but still there is a lot to like about it. All my Love is the track for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

damonjewel wrote: »
    I think its below par Zeppelin, and hence thats why most people don't rate it but still there is a lot to like about it. All my Love is the track for me.

Love that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement