Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland fixtures 4/5 September 2009

• 04-09-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

Premier

Bohemians - Bray Wanderers Dalymount Park (19:45)
    Cork City - Galway United Turners X (19:45)
    Derry City - Dundalk Brandywell Stadium (19:45)
    Drogheda United - Sligo Rovers United Park (19:45)
    Shamrock Rovers - St. Patricks Ath Tallaght Stadium (19:45)

First Division

Limerick FC - Mervue United Jackman Park (19:45)
    Sporting Fingal - UCD Morton Stadium (19:45)
    Athlone Town - Kildare County Athlone Town Stadium (19:45)
    Finn Harps - Longford Town Finn Park (20.00)
    Monaghan United - Shelbourne Kingspan Century Park (20:00)
    Wexford Youths - Waterford United Ferrycarrig Park (20:00)

/taken for the LoI site. Don't shoot the mule!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Massive game for Rovers tonight. Atmosphere should be great if the Dundalk game was anything to go by.

Ticket info:

Priced at €15 for Adults
    €10 for Students & Senior Citizens
    €5 for Children under 14

Tickets are available from 10.30am until before kick-off (7.45pm) at the ticket booth in the carpark of Tallaght Stadium.

There is still a capacity restriction on the new East stand so the advice is to get your tickets early as demand has been strong all this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

I'm praying and praying that the Gods are smiling on us tonight. A real 6 pointer if ever there was one. Lately we've been the unluckiest team on the planet, and we've got Duffy and Shiels back. This is the biggest game we've played all season so far. Pity Bohs couldn't do us a favour by beating Sligo on Tuesday:mad: after robbing us blind all year.

Whats Tallaght restricted to crowd-wise? Even at 6000 I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out. Was it 4200 at the Dundalk game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

fh041205 wrote: »
    Whats Tallaght restricted to crowd-wise? Even at 6000 I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out. Was it 4200 at the Dundalk game?

4200 at Dundalk.

Full capacity is a tiny bit under 6k, with a little room for standing at the car-park end as well.

It's still not full capacity as the end sections of the new stand are closed off while work on the stand and vomitories goes on.

Only 300 tickets left (200 hone; 100 away(!!)) at time of writing and still selling so we should hopefully be looking at 5k or over tonight anyway.

Great to hear figures like that in LOI!!! Rovers really are creating quite the bandwagon and the bigger it gets the more people will jump on. Bring it on I say. Fair play to the club they seem to be doing eveything right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Great win for Cork City tonight (4-2). Probably the most exciting game I have seen at the cross for a while now and given all the news during the week, it was a welcomed change.

The players were well up for the match, and put in a great performance...except Siligalis, who wouldn't have even started had Faz not been suspended. Goals came from Davin (2), Dennehy and Cambridge, who also got MOTM.

Alot of anti-Coughlan chants tonight as well, no surprise there though. And apparently something was thrown at Barry Ryan from the shed at one point, totally uncalled for! Suppose the club can probably expect a fine from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That was like the Cork City of old tonight.

Urgency, quick slick passing, movement. Galway couldnt live with us.

Billy Dennehy bringing back memories of George by the Corner Boys near the end with all the Unnecessary skill.:)

The new chant/catchphrase of "YOU!!!" is starting to catch on.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

in a great performance...expect Siligalis,

you mean except?

Another useless performance tonight. You wouldnt mind if he worked hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

you mean except?

Another useless performance tonight. You wouldnt mind if he worked hard.

Whoops, exactly what I meant, fixed now :)

I have lost all patience with him at this stage, I've lost count of how many times he tripped over the ball (or himself!). He looks completely lost. I'd rather see Kiely, Deasy or Duggan given a chance, i'm sure they'd do a better job than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Whoops, exactly what I meant, fixed now :)

I have lost all patience with him at this stage, I've lost count of how many times he tripped over the ball (or himself!). He looks completely lost. I'd rather see Kiely, Deasy or Duggan given a chance, i'm sure they'd do a better job than him.

Ive yet to see a good performance from him this season. He is definitely the worst player ive seen in a City shirt. His contract is up at the end of the season though so he may be gone soon.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Great to bounce back in style after last week's loss and results went our way elsewhere.

Things are looking good, dare I say it....... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

2-1!!!

I can't ****ing believe it. I thought we were in for a bollicking last night, I would've taken a draw but to win...it's great.

What were murphy and deegan sent off for? Were bray worth the win?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Murphy for taking out their player when he was through on goal, no real complaints about that one.

Deegan... I didn't see anything really, was a lot of players scuffling for the ball. Was shocked when he pulled out the red. Can't judge properly without having seen it again though.

Their forward didn't help by laying on the ground for five minutes. He was fine a few minutes later when he ran through to score.

Anto Murphy got booked for diving in the box, looked like a penalty to me, but was down the other end of the ground, so once again I shan't pass judgment.

We dominated the game but Bray packed the box and defended well while always looking like they would nick another on the break, especially with us a player down (referring to when it was 1-0 Bray)

Very disapointed and losing Deegan and Murphy for the next few games is a huge blow.

On the plus side Anto Murphy and Conor Powell both had fantastic games imo.

Overall it was a really entertaining game, gutted the result didn't go our way.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

anyone know how long they'll be out for? what the length of the bans be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If they were straight reds, it's one game automatically and then the extra games are set at the next disciplinary meeting or whatever it's called. Think that's what happens.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Saw this on the bohs forum, apparently Deegans was actually 2 yellows, but what Buttimer did was hold the two up together.

inphobohsvsbray10.jpg

Hard to see it but there is a red behind the yellow. I didn't see the yellow at all. Very odd.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think that's just the page he marks the yellows on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Their forward didn't help by laying on the ground for five minutes. He was fine a few minutes later when he ran through to score.

He was fine the second he left the pitch having a good laugh with the physio. Worst refereeing performance Ive ever seen.

Thanks ScienceNerd. Speaking of penalties, thanks also must go to referee Neil Doyle for giving Drogheda one that looked more like a free out to me. Finally Robbie Martin proved to be of SOME use. MNS on monday should be a good nights entertainment going on the match reports so far...

Advertisement