Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazingly suspicious price reduction by O2

Options
  • 04-09-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭

o2 are apprently rolling out "standard" 50MB for 99c daily to all customers wef this month.

I assume this is because they are facing pressure to do so either from Reading in the EU or a lawsuit. Anybody know anything about why data prices for people on bill pay are going to fall by a factor of 1,000?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I seem to remember vodafone did a similar thing a couple of years back!
    And it seems like a great deal... but if you are a daily user (catch the news headlines say or the odd email) then 99c per day is near enough €30 per month for 30*50mb or 1.5GB per month but for €30 a month you add 10GB of data usage to your phone contract ... or if you were not using 50mb a day for €15 a month you can add a 1GB data extra to your phone. So at first glance it seems good but if you are regular data user I think they offer better options!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

SInce 99c a day is available for prepaid customers for all networks, it is hardly suprising that it is now available for billpaid customers. Apart from anything else some users were probably changing over to prepaid just to get this or like me have a prepaid sim for data.

Advertisement