Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish version of Fifa '10

Options
  • 04-09-2009 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Guys,

I'm living in South Korea at the moment. Bought a xbox 360 over here, was wondering if I bought the Irish version of Fifa '10 and posted it to here, would it work (be compatible) on my xbox over here? I can get the Korean version here, but I'd like to have the Irish leagues and english commentary!!! Any advice is welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

chipsbebo wrote: »
    Guys,
    I'm living in South Korea at the moment. Bought a xbox 360 over here, was wondering if I bought the Irish version of Fifa '10 and posted it to here, would it work (be compatible) on my xbox over here? I can get the Korean version here, but I'd like to have the Irish leagues and english commentary!!! Any advice is welcome!
    You'll have to wait and see if it's a region free game or not when released.
    Some games are region free some are not, seems to be at the discretion of the publisher.
    I take it your using a ntsc xbox or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 chipsbebo

Ya I'm using NSTC. In theory I'm thinking it'll work...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The Irish leagues are in every version of the game, so is the English commentary.

People think the Irish version only has Irish leagues because last year there was an "Eircom LOI Exclusive" sticker on the box, that meant for FIFA, not for the Irish version, bad marketing really. Ive had LoI fixtures against mates in Austrailia, England, Brazil and USA. The only difference is over here we get Richard Dunne's big beautiful self on the box :)

The English commentary will be in the options menu, and even if it isnt, EA make it downloadable on Xbox Live.

And finally, FIFA games are not region free. If you are using NTSC the Irish game will be PAL, you should buy the American version of the game, that will defo have English commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

They put every countries commentary on Xbox Live as DLC last time, can't see why they won't do it again. All the 360 FIFA games are region locked for some reason, despite the fact that all PS3 games are region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

i cannot wait for fifa 10 is wexford youths in it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

liam09 wrote: »
    i cannot wait for fifa 10 is wexford youths in it though

No. Only Premier Divison teams.

Advertisement