Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Open Beta Key. Anyone want one?

Options
  • 04-09-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Title says it all. Got a few off some italian website the other day. For free (unlike retarded Fileplanet who make u sub and then say its only for NA people, i swear I'm never dealing with them again)

Was gonna post this on mmorpg.com but i thought feck it, might aswell give it to another Irish person and not some American plonker hehe.

1st to reply gets it in PM

Comments

yes please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think im good for the open beta since i preordered Aion yesterday,i didnt get a beta key so im hoping im alright for the open beta.
    Id appreciate one to be sure, i will only use it if i dont gain access via my pre order and will post back here if i dont need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You don't get a special key for the beta if you've pre-ordered; the key you got sent for the game will do the job. At least that's how it was with the closed and there's no reason to expect it to be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Asmodion

Code sent to Dre.

Ya mate the code you got for preorder should be just fine for you i think. Pretty sure anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

With your preorder you should have received a code and instructions on how to d/l the client. If not, your are out of luck unfortunately (or pepper the seller with mails :D.
    The download of the full client is a hefty one though (about 9 gig) - so its takes some time with standard Irish broadband offerings ^^

• Advertisement

morgana wrote: »
    With your preorder you should have received a code and instructions on how to d/l the client. If not, your are out of luck unfortunately (or pepper the seller with mails :D.
    The download of the full client is a hefty one though (about 9 gig) - so its takes some time with standard Irish broadband offerings ^^

This is exactly what i fear, i got no code in the emails :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I pre-ordered from steam and on the games list I can view my CD key which I needed to make an account on the ncsoft website. From what I've read on the steam forums pre ordering the game entitles us to play the open beta too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dcully wrote: »
    This is exactly what i fear, i got no code in the emails :(

You should be able to get your code by right clicking the game in steam and selecting "view game cd key". You then need to associate that with your ncsoft account. After that you should get emails about your code been applied and another about prepurchase activation.

Yeah thats all done Rev, as i say im assuming thats all i need to do.
    Its just that i wasnt actually given a printed key for open beta in any of my emails.
    It makes sense for them to use one code to cover all but these mmo devs have a habbit of making things not as they seem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just logged on the ncSoft launcher and it's started to download another patch, 3Gb this one :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Far as I can tell from the file names it's downloading, it's the patch to 1.5.0.1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm really tempted to try this, but i dont know if i want to shell out another €50 on it just yet. If anyone else has any beta keys, i'll take one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimih

Hi, if you still have a key left for the open beta could you please either pm me it or email it to me at c.redgrave@gmail.com
    I really want to give this game a test before i buy it, i have followed it for a few months now, eagerly awaiting it's arrival. Anything to stop me from re-subbing to WoW, please =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clodagh87

Asmodion wrote: »
    Title says it all. Got a few off some italian website the other day. For free (unlike retarded Fileplanet who make u sub and then say its only for NA people, i swear I'm never dealing with them again)

Was gonna post this on mmorpg.com but i thought feck it, might aswell give it to another Irish person and not some American plonker hehe.

1st to reply gets it in PM

Asmodion, still have a spare key to share?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Asmodion

All gone guys, sorry. Tis only open beta anyways so don't worry. I'm making myself not play too much because i don't want to ruin actual launch for myself. Might play a few chars to early teens and see what i like the most. Let me know what server u all are playin on

Advertisement