Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard??

Options
  • 04-09-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm putting a HTPC together at the moment. I had bought a GA-EG45M-SD2H, but that was faulty and needed to be returned. Anyway, there's no fresh stock of that mobo and it'll take weeks to get another one in.

As an alternative, I'm considering the GA-E7AUM-DS2H. It seems like it's pretty much the same board apart from it having an nVidia iGPU as opposed to the Intel G45 iGPU on the EG45M model.

Has anyone had experience with the E7AUM, and if so was it good or bad? Would you recommend it? Any other comments would be welcome also.

Cheers

Eoinsku
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=GA-EG45M-DS2H+review

on a more serious note if you're putting a graphics card in it, it will be very tight around the ram slots...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eoinsku

Effluo wrote: »
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=GA-EG45M-DS2H+review

on a more serious note if you're putting a graphics card in it, it will be very tight around the ram slots...

Thanks for the reply! Very original, and very witty... Well done! Also well done on getting the wrong motherboard...

I'm not so simple as to not read reviews... However, as we all know, some reviews are sponsored by the equipment manufacturers whose product is being reviewed and must therefore be taken with a pinch of salt. It helps to have unbiased reviews from people who've actually used them over a period of time.

I'd have no need for an external graphics card as the iGPU should be more than enough for my HTPC (and non-gaming) needs.

Eoinsku wrote: »
    Also well done on getting the wrong motherboard...

wrong mother-board?

Are you sure that the mobo you have is the one in the title of the thread, rather than the one which i couldn't find which is in the actual post?

wrong mother-board?

Are you sure that the mobo you have is the one in the title of the thread, rather than the one which i couldn't find which is in the actual post?

The one you had in the 'fun' search was the one I had bought, and was faulty. The one in the title is the one I'm thinking about buying as it will take a long time for the one that was faulty to come back in stock.

The one I am looking for any advice, user experiences on is the Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H

oh my mistake....

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=GA-E7AUM-DS2H+review

hahaha
    only jokin but in fairness the only way anyone will know about this stuff is if they have it(but then they can't compare it)

Or do what everyone else does have a goo at the online reviews.
    It's better for you that way too, as you can really see what features it offers that matter to you. Or maybe other boards might be mentioned that would be better suited

• Advertisement

oh my mistake....

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=GA-E7AUM-DS2H+review

hahaha
    only jokin but in fairness the only way anyone will know about this stuff is if they have it(but then they can't compare it)

Or do what everyone else does have a goo at the online reviews.
    It's better for you that way too, as you can really see what features it offers that matter to you. Or maybe other boards might be mentioned that would be better suited

The problem I have now is that I can wait 3-5 weeks for a replacement board (with full warranty), or I can get the new one next week in America, while I'm on holiday there. I'll make a decent saving (~€40 versus local pricing), but I'll have limited options if the motherboards turns out faulty. Some of the reviews indicate some overheating issues with the board, but it's hard to gauge whether they're using it for gaming or just watching HDTV/BluRay/mkv or avi.

The board I bought had everything I wanted/needed, but this one seems to be the same apart from the (perceived better) iGPU. Also, with the exchange rate difference, it turns out cheaper than the original, lower-spec mobo I bought.

Anyway, there seems little in terms of concrete responses to my original post so I'll just have to look a bit more into the reviews and make a decision before I go on holiday.

Advertisement