Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT - Registration/Licensing Cert

• 04-09-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I have booked my NCT for 3 weeks time and need to have certain docs with me for it. They include; registration cert/book or licensing cert. I can't find any of these (scatty me) and was wondering where I can get duplicates and how long they usually take to arrive?

mwaters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

mwaters wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope you can help.

I have booked my NCT for 3 weeks time and need to have certain docs with me for it. They include; registration cert/book or licensing cert. I can't find any of these (scatty me) and was wondering where I can get duplicates and how long they usually take to arrive?

mwaters

To get a replacement VLC you'll need to complete an RF134, have it signed by the Gardai and either post it with a cheque to Shannon, or head to your local motor tax office.

Can take a few weeks to come back though, so no dilly dallying.

You would be very unlucky to be asked for them imo. I brought a car to the nct for a friend before and I didnt have a shred of paper work, they asked for nothing and the car passed. I have seen plenty of people post on here too saying they were able to get their nct without the VLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

You would be very unlucky to be asked for them imo. I brought a car to the nct for a friend before and I didnt have a shred of paper work, they asked for nothing and the car passed. I have seen plenty of people post on here too saying they were able to get their nct without the VLC.

I totally agree, I have never been asked for paperwork or even seen anyone else being asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Its generally only asked for if there's a conflict between the details of the car, ie colour or chassis number, and what the nct have on their system. The tax book generally clears it up.
    I reckon you'll be fine for this, but probably no harm to chase it up for the future anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

bought the car 3 wks ago, told them that on the phone and they didn't ask for any paper work!!!all they needed was the chassie number:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement