Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot the mistake from the Kilkenny People this week

Options
  • 04-09-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

gfhr8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Lots of mistakes in that paper.

Here's one from The Advertiser a while back:

BALOLAD.jpg

Presumably the author of the article (who is actually the editor of the paper by the way) was referring to secret ballots and NOT a person or persons who are involved in clandestine singing operations.

In fairness, if I was the one responsible for producing a local paper, I would try to get someone writing the articles, and indeed editing the paper itself, who knows the difference between ballot and ballad. But I am not. I am an internet moan.

Another gem of the 'People was a sentence along the lines of "now that your appetites are sufficiently wet" ... who knows what a wet appitite is? I don't anyway.

I think that perhaps this was mis-extrapolated from the phrase to WHET one's appetite; whet of course being a synonym for sharpen and nothing at all to do with the presence of water.

Given that these are local newspapers, you're not exactly going to have pulitzer standard writing in them, though are you? But they should at least make an effort, and they don't. One look at the elf who dishes out fashion advise like its going out of fashion or a cursory examination of what-his-name's hackneyed yawn-fest of a miscellany is sufficient to confirm this theory, if in any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Fashion ADVISE ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Did ye see the deuxieme county supporters wearing the masks against the "cat flu" on the news? I'd be cringing if I was from Tipp.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Whats just as bad is that i've looked at that page at least twice cos i have a connection to the story about the Kilkenny mascot, but i didn't notice that mistake.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

dewdrop wrote: »
    Fashion ADVISE ??
    Touché. Well spotted.

I am not a fking newspaper editor though, am I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

equal opportunities employer?

community employment scheme?

non nationals that they pay with peanuts?

Advertisement