Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Good for you. Do you mind me asking- it said that the ad was in Done Deal for 75 days- is that correct? And did you sell to someone from Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sold it through DoneDeal. And yes, the ad was up for about 40 days or so iirc. I had several offers, but they were below what I wanted for it, so I had to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mustang68

Selling my edelbrock carb here: https://www.adverts.ie/parts-accessories/edelbrock-carburetor/31546201

A 67/68 Flaming River Mustang steering box on FB: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/331695882650430

and still have the Ford C4 Auto transmission for sale: https://www.adverts.ie/parts-accessories/ford-c4-automatic-transmission/27062766

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any Alfa heads here. I cant be arsed with the whole Ebay thing and posting etc.

https://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/genuine-alfa-romeo-sign-from-dealership/32780715

Might suit someone who likes their Alfas.

Just have no room for it anymore.

Heavily discounted if a motors forum regular wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Anyone selling a VW Beetle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Anyone looking for a Renault Scenic for spares. Sweet engine & box.

Some rust, clutch gone, steering rack not great.

Starting & moving but accelerator seized.

For spares only.

My own very nice supercharged SLK. I can do a bangernomics price for anyone in here, but please don't tell anyone else 😁

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-slk-nct-2025/36390297

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

Jaysus but the headlights look like they could do with a polish!

Sold within a day for full asking price. Was a bit of a bargain ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

How's it going? Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a full rear panel for a mk1 golf? It's an 83 so the larger light version

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AlfaShlug

Hi all,

Looking for an early Alfa 156, anyone have any decent shells? Maybe an old project you never got around to or something with a knackered engine you kept for spares?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I am considering a Lovely Mercedes Benz Kompressor E200 Mileage 170k. from the pics I got it seems to be in very good order and well looked after with about 8 months NCT. Ad says . Is there anything in particular I should be looking for in this merc, or run away from. Thanks folks.

" 1.8 petrol 2008
    184 bhp supercharged
    Does 40mpg easily
    170k miles
    Nct til Dec
    Taxed
    Beautiful condition throughout
    Drives like s 50k car
    High spec car
    Dual climate control
    Cruise control
    Auto lights
    Auto wipers
    Cream leather

W211 Great cars and the facelift ones come out top in reliability surveys. I guess around the €2.5-3.5k mark?

2008 could be taxed on old cc system or new emissions system, if taxed on the new system, they bad, €1200 iirc

Unkel you are 100% on the ball. Its 636 for tax and asking is 3500. It appears to be immaculate but no service history. No word on the timing chain change , if it ever had one . Its currently 170k so maybe needing one sometime soon considering how well its been treated up until now.

Not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

That looks pretty spotless tbf.

Not too shabby is right. An awful lot of quality car for the money. Try use the timing chain issue as a bargaining chip. Wouldn't worry me too much. If you got the car for €2500 and with a bit of luck get a couple years out of it and worst comes to worst, just get rid of it and find another one. The core of bangernomics

This country is great for cheap luxobarges. On the continent you couldn't buy this Mercedes for this sort of money unless it either had crash damage or had intergalactic miles on it

Just found out its a 6 speed manual. How is that, any preference for auto?

Wow, didn't even think they came in manuals. Who would order that? Anyway it's up to you and your personal preference. I bought a Lotus Elan this week, was the first time driving a manual since the end of last summer when I sold my MINI Cooper S. Enjoying that, but wouldn't want it for my daily or for long trips

Just a thought, is there a way to track a mercs service history if the original documents are not available in Ireland with a reg or vin number.

• Advertisement

And now for something completely different…

My Sinclair C5 from 1985

https://www.adverts.ie/other-cars-motorbikes-boats/sinclair-c5/33640870

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So I've gotta sell this. I'm not the young man I think I am. Took it out of the shed today for the day that was in it and it's just lovely on smooth roads and with the top down its magic especially with the b16 engine... but my back is in absolute bits now. This is only suited to a young buck with a good strong back who didn't destroy it during the Celtic tiger on building sites 😂

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-crx-delsol-sir/36951028

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eagle owl

Tim, I had a smaller 2005 C 180 (W203 - 143hp version) for 6 years - loved it -- UK import…only reason I sold is that the air con, and more annoying the fresh air system were not working properly - too expensive to fix - dash out i'd say at very least, air con leaking etc. If you can get an C class estate version, would be brilliant. Petrol - 25/35/45 mpg - town/mixed/motorway(100-60mph) .

Automatic - yes yes - if you've never driven a Merc one, test drive one versus the manual in the E or C class (rare in these cars for a reason). Of course I live in suburbia and drive a lot in the city - so an automatic is essential. They have got tiptronic of course if you want to play with the gears ….

I sold mine quickly for 1250 last year - 94K miles only

and bought a friends 06 Saab 2.0T Aero convertible- auto of course- for 2,000. Now that is thirsty - 18- 20 around town- 40 with careful motorway driving. Great fun, but the Merc was way more refined…

So buy one— yes, especially if all those extras are working- probably more value with the E class, and you are happy with your auto versus manual choice. And leather or leatherette…

Regards , Paul - your type3 contact from Cork !! - I'll PM you about my 72 fastback (auto of course..) , those parts etc etc !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Sorry I missed this Unkel. There was a lovely honest looking '99 SAAB 900 cabrio on sale for €2k last week on DD. If anyone has a half interesting cabriolet (of any marque) I may be interested. Got lots of storage space too for the winter so would be going to a good home.

I fell in love with a car this week. It's expensive so it would mean I'd
    have to sell pretty much everything that I own. Anyone interested in a
    superb condition '91 Lotus Elan M100 SE turbo, with very desirable
    custom made hard top - PM me. On UK reg still, in the middle of
    importing it. Can do good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jonny1gixer

hi

Not sure if this is dead or not. I haven’t been on here in a long time.
    I’m wondering if anyone can help me I’m looking for the whereabouts of my old 90 W reg Toyota carina 2 would love to know if it’s still knocking about. Don’t know where to start looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jonny1gixer

hi 

Not sure if this is dead or not. I haven’t been on here in a long time. 
    I’m wondering if anyone can help me I’m looking for the whereabouts of my old 90 W reg Toyota carina 2 would love to know if it’s still knocking about. Don’t know where to start looking.

Advertisement