Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Any 1985-90 toyota starlets around?
    no rust buckets!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

Anybody interested in a Ford Capri project?

I've got an '82 1.6 GT4 on offer.

It's an original Irish car which needs a bit of work, & in the right hands would make a cracking little car.

I'd love to complete this restoration, but working on short-time & the recent arrival of a small person have made this impossible for me to do in the immediate/medium term.

Anybody willing to take this on (for small money), send me a PM, thanks.:)

have you any pics of the capri?
    i am looking for a mk3 cortina but i am having trouble finding it
    i might have to divert my attention to something else

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DJD

I have a good condition 350SL (1975) and would be interested in partial swap for a good W108 or W116 if anyone is interested. I can post pics up once the weather improves and I can take it out

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭james1410

A lad i know has these 2 for sale if anyones intrested pm me

securedownload1.jpg

a mk1 granada absolutly mint! 3 litre essex v6 auto box cream interiour.

securedownload3.jpg

a mk2 granada ghia x 2.8 auto needs some tlc rs alloys navy/blue interiour. 1500 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Mk1 looks nice,always thought these far better looking than the MK2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm interested in getting my hands on a Mini that's eligible for classic tax, but I'm skint at the moment - so the cheaper the better. A fixer upper would be fine, my skill level's enough to start a restoration now I think. Ideally a 78, but anything would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

oflynno wrote: »
    have you any pics of the capri?
    i am looking for a mk3 cortina but i am having trouble finding it
    i might have to divert my attention to something else

Hi

I've been getting a few PMs from other boardsies on this.

I'm trying to get hold of the guy who has done some welding work on the car.

I'm looking to know how much he'll charge me for the work he's done so that I'll have an idea as to the price.

I'll keep you all informed.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I was offered a 1971 Capri today, needs lots of work but an original Irish car from new, taxbook etc. going with it, he's looking for around 300 euros if anyone's interested i'll follow it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

Guys,,,,I am considering buying a Mercedes. The thing is that what I would like,and what I can afford might be a little bit different. That is why I am enlisting the assistance of my friends here.Also because I do not have broadband, it takes forever to trawl the internet, so if you see it, post a link. I am open to ideas.
    My absolute maximum budget is 3k...I do like 190s but would have to be a prefacelift car ie pre 88.I had a 1983 car years ago and loved it.. I do like C124 Coupes but would have to be a 230CE. 88/89. I really like W123 Coupes, but I would not trust a 3k as it may become a money pit. I also like the early s-classes like Junkyard is very fond of also.Basically I like any quality old school Merc . Basically if anybody spots a nice car for my budget(WHICH MUST INCLUDE VRT IF NOT IRISH)please post it.
    I look forward to the replies.

Cheers

John(Renaultless)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭COB MGV8

Looks reasonable - its on UK plates, cant imagine the vrt would push you over....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1078369

• Advertisement

johnf2020 wrote: »
    John(Renaultless)
    :eek::eek::eek: Really?Not even one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

COB MGV8 wrote: »
    Looks reasonable - its on UK plates, cant imagine the vrt would push you over....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1078369

Could be a trick of the light but the n/s/f wing looks a different colour,If you consider buying i would check the colour match seeing that it had bodywork in the past.

artic wrote: »
    Could be a trick of the light but the n/s/f wing looks a different colour,If you consider buying i would check the colour match seeing that it had bodywork in the past.

Check the vrt too probably as much as the price of the car and then the road tax here, it's killing off all the stuff from the 80's now, those f**king greens are to blame for most of it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

I'm looking for a Hillman Hunter GLS in good condition at a reasonble price.
    (any colour apart from yellow)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

the wing looks wrong alright ,the back wheel arch on passenger side seems to have some rust blistering

:eek::eek::eek: Really?Not even one?

The only one left is my Wifes Renault, and of course I have a Garage car all the time.

That Merc looks all wrong...wings are defo wrong colour.

Well in all fairness you'd hardly expect a Mercedes coupe to be in mint condition for 2000 euros really now would you? But if all the hard works been done, i.e. new wings and bodywork I know I wouldn't fall out with a car for the sake of a lick of paint and maybe a bit of bodywork. Considering there's some other dreamer looking for 18k for one somewhere else!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

junkyard wrote: »
    Well in all fairness you'd hardly expect a Mercedes coupe to be in mint condition for 2000 euros really now would you? But if all the hard works been done, i.e. new wings and bodywork I know I wouldn't fall out with a car for the sake of a lick of paint and maybe a bit of bodywork. Considering there's some other dreamer looking for 18k for one somewhere else!:rolleyes:

Agree, but its better going to look at a car better informed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm interested in getting my hands on a Mini that's eligible for classic tax, but I'm skint at the moment - so the cheaper the better. A fixer upper would be fine, my skill level's enough to start a restoration now I think. Ideally a 78, but anything would be fine.

You can restore mine for free :D

johnf2020 wrote: »
    Guys,,,,I am considering buying a Mercedes. The thing is that what I would like,and what I can afford might be a little bit different. That is why I am enlisting the assistance of my friends here.Also because I do not have broadband, it takes forever to trawl the internet, so if you see it, post a link. I am open to ideas.
    My absolute maximum budget is 3k...I do like 190s but would have to be a prefacelift car ie pre 88.I had a 1983 car years ago and loved it.. I do like C124 Coupes but would have to be a 230CE. 88/89. I really like W123 Coupes, but I would not trust a 3k as it ay become a money pit. I also like the early s-classes like Junkyard is very fond of also.Basically I like any quality old school Merc . Basically if anybody spots a nice car for my budget(WHICH MUST INCLUDE VRT IF NOT IRISH)please post it.
    I look forward to the replies.

Cheers

John(Renaultless)

I did say that I would not trust the 3k C123 Coupe remember!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

1971 Fiat 850,Barn Find,One Owner,Irish reg,looks a nice little project?
    Full?id=2297986

Full?id=2297992

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1108013

Full?id=2297986

Full?id=2297992

It's a bit pricey for what it is I think, i'd say 4-500 euros in that condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

handy if you broke down the passenger could work the feet like the flintstons

junkyard wrote: »
    It's a bit pricey for what it is I think, i'd say 4-500 euros in that condition.
    I didnt see the price,thought he was just looking for offers,yes 2,200 is waaay too much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Full?id=2297986

Full?id=2297992

one for me??!! jaysus carchaeologist what did I ever do against you:D

I've one sitting in a field with better floors than that yoke, bought a rotten Irish one last year for €200

btw look where Lancia got the tail lamps for the Stratos and Ford for the GT40;)
    Full?id=2297988

Blue850 wrote: »
    one for me??!! jaysus carchaeologist what did I ever do against you:D
    Apologies!:DDidnt mean to offend ya!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Its the photographs that will sell this.

• Advertisement

Its the photographs that will sell this.
    Absolutely!:rolleyes::p

Advertisement