Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....because I know someone who has promised to, but hasn't got aroud to it, his offering is.......
    1994 W124 300 Diesel Estate. 7 seat version iirc.
    Would you have any more details, photos of the car maybe? Is there much rust on it, mileage, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Seweryn wrote: »
    Would you have any more details, photos of the car maybe? Is there much rust on it, mileage, etc.?

will try and get some tomorrow - PM me to remind me, if I don't !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭123 man

hi all im looking for a mercedes 608D van or pick up for parts from the 1970s with tax book if any ones has one thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 piddler

I've a couple of bits for a trabant lying around the place not exactly a classic but some one some where

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

gdev77 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can find good quality replacement bonnet & side wings for a 1977 mercedes 350sl at a reasonable price?

I have a new right side wing €100

mercw107wingandtop004.jpg

I also have a complete hard top in silver,good condition €300,if you know anyone interested?

mercw107wingandtop005.jpg

Sorry about the photos but I was too lazy to dig them out:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mustang68

Hi All,

I believe that a set of capri seats will fit my 68 Mustang reasonable well, at the moment I have racing bucket seats, which are a bit low.

Would anyone have a pair of them, or something similar that might do the job?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mustang68 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I believe that a set of capri seats will fit my 68 Mustang reasonable well, at the moment I have racing bucket seats, which are a bit low.

Would anyone have a pair of them, or something similar that might do the job?

Thanks

I would imagine the seats in my Trans Am would be a good fit for your Muzzy! What colour is your interior (mine are black)? Interested in a swap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JBCFord

Any one need a Mercedes for parts or to put back on the road
    Make me a offer for the car not looking for a lot needs a bit of work but if you have a second car of the same model this might suit you
    Based in Dublin you would need a car transporter to take it away as the break are bad

failed its nct on the parking brake
    Automatic
    Petrol
    230te 1987
    Dark red
    Sunroof not working rails rusted
    Heating duo valve missing
    Back diff slapping a bit when you put it in reverse
    Needs a back break hub assembly
    Needs a good service
    Body work ok paint a bit dull
    Seating etc fair to good
    Milometer not working
    No tax
    No nct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I would imagine the seats in my Trans Am would be a good fit for your Muzzy! What colour is your interior (mine are black)? Interested in a swap?

hey mcm...that wasnt you in rathdrum yesterday was it in convoy with the mustang and,corvette and other yokes?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Hi all, i'm looking for a pre 1980 mini restoration project. The worse the body condition the better (you don't hear that too often) . If anybody has or knows of anything please PM me. thanks, john.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bazzjazz

Beautiful car that needs to go unfortunately. Our needs have changed over the past year or two (taxi service for kids!!) so a classic doesn't cut it as a daily runner :(

See it here

hey mcm...that wasnt you in rathdrum yesterday was it in convoy with the mustang and,corvette and other yokes?????

Was indeed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gdev77

Hey, it is indeed a beautiful car. If I had the space, i'd be tempted.

Hey, i'd be interested. Where abouts are you located? Have you any other sl parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Love those Sovereigns,one day..when i learn to curb my appetite for tinny little japs!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bazzjazz

I'm based in Cabinteely, just off the M50. Yes, it's a beaut! I'll be sorry to see it go, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭mountain

Clearing out attic today, and found a radio/cassette player that was once in a renault 19, its branded philips and renault.

Anyone interested?

based in cork

hey, i can collect this sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

gdev77 wrote: »
    hey, i can collect this sunday?

gdev77.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Anyone know of any old Ladas knocking about?
    Or maybe something else of russian extraction?
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

2cv wrote: »
    For a car that was extremely common back 20ish years ago,i havnt seen a Lada for years.Apart from a Samara or two maybe.
    The Banger boys used to love them!Hard as nails they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Renotec

2cv wrote: »
    Or maybe something else of russian extraction?
    :D

Most of the Lada models have been exported. A good friend told me great stories when he was doing his stint with the Navy. It was not uncommon to see a Russian trawler at the 12 mile limit loading Irish Lada's to a freight ship - Yes! a full size ship in the the middle of the Atlantic pond!
    Apparently the cargo door would be lowered just enough to skim the surface( waves and all) and some lucky Kazi pilot would get the job of driving at full throttle accross the ramp. It was 2 seconds to death if they did not get it right! - I suppose if you had enough Vodka in the system it would help! I think the reason for this was that back in the home country it was still a seven year waiting list for a car. Some made it to being on the road again, others were dismantled for spares.
    THere are only a handfull of NIva's left in the country, and I have not seen a Riva or Samara for quite sometime. France still has a high level of mdels and they were smart as they put in a Peugeot diesel kit and beefed up the brakes and electrics. NIva for me did it all. KNock the socks out of an MB G wagon anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

I see an SI reg one driving around fairly often, must try and get a photo

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

200 DIESEL,1982,MANUAL,RED,SALOON,NEW TYRES (LESS THAN 200 MILES) NEEDS TIDY UP, WAS LAID UP 18 MONTH( later type 190 d engine) 600 EURO .THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

V480 wrote: »
    Volvo 480 for sale. Needs work but nothing major. Tax/NCT out. 150 euro

I'd be interested in that. PM me your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Teachin beag

Howdy all,
    I'm new to the aul boards forum so bare with me

I have a 1971 vw beetle running really well, looking to swap for an MG midget or roadster softtop , would also consider other machines if interested in swapping. The VW is worth around €2800.00 needs small bits of touching up in spots nothing major, floor and sills all good etc. 1600cc engine.

fiji99 wrote: »
    im looking for anyone in dublin who needs a hand with restoring a classic mustang from 60s. for free, just for the opportunity to learn something new.

Log on to this site: www.americanmusclecarsireland.net

And search for user 'piston123'

He's currently restoring a '65 coupe in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

i'm looking for a Range Rover Classic will travel anywhere for the right jeep
    preferably a diesel with manual box & commercial but any RRC considered
    so keep the eyes peeled for me
    Cash burning a hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 "Cosworth" In beautiful condition with a full service history, original bill of sale and every tax disc fom day one. This is a very rare car in this unmolested condition.

Terenure05_07_09010cossie.jpg

Please PM me for further details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Advertisement