Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Seweryn wrote: »
    The "open" revenue market value for any car is at least 2000 Euro and they want their slice out of that, so the minimum VRT rate for any car is 700 up figure. Unfortunately :mad:...
    Not really - the rate is based on the CO2 figure, so if you can prove that the car fits into a lower band, you won't be charged the 36% rate, which is where that €720 figure comes from.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hovercraft1

have few engines warwick <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

The Saab has gotta be worth 800 euro? There was 400stg spent on the wheel refurb alone!

john.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

esel wrote: »
    Not really - the rate is based on the CO2 figure, so if you can prove that the car fits into a lower band, you won't be charged the 36% rate, which is where that €720 figure comes from.
    That's right, but there would be very few low value cars with low CO2 rating, which would make the VRT below 700 (an 18-year old Nissan Micra 1.5 Diesel maybe?)...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Seweryn wrote: »
    That's right, but there would be very few low value cars with low CO2 rating, which would make the VRT below 700 (an 18-year old Nissan Micra 1.5 Diesel maybe?)...
    How would you prove it anyway? Would you have to get it tested before you pay the VRT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

How would you prove it anyway? Would you have to get it tested before you pay the VRT?
    No, the test does not measure that. You would need to get the manufacturer specification for the vehicle. But anyway, I just tried to get the VRT fee of the Revenue website and for a 1992 Nissan Micra Diesel it works out at 16% of 2000 = 320 Euro (CO2 emissions 122 g/km). But there is an error in the system, as the model is described as DCi :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

JohnxF wrote: »
    The Saab has gotta be worth 800 euro? There was 400stg spent on the wheel refurb alone!

john.

That brings the price to over 1500.... another 600 odd for tax... and 50 for the test, hoping she'll pass first time....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you can provide official manufacturer's figures for MPG, the CO2 figure can be calculated from that.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

2cv wrote: »
    That brings the price to over 1500.... another 600 odd for tax... and 50 for the test, hoping she'll pass first time....

Don't talk to me about the tax. €823 for my 2.2 Merc due now. And I barely drive it too (train to work). Why don't they just roll it into the price of fuel? And then the polluter will be paying and we'd all be able to park nice, big engined cars on our drives for little cost!

john.

JohnxF wrote: »
    Don't talk to me about the tax. €823 for my 2.2 Merc due now. And I barely drive it too (train to work). Why don't they just roll it into the price of fuel? And then the polluter will be paying and we'd all be able to park nice, big engined cars on our drives for little cost!

john.

I totally agree.... But if they abolish road tax, that means no more tax disk, and what will the guards to with all that free time? Fight crime? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

I totally agree.... But if they abolish road tax, that means no more tax disk, and what will the guards to with all that free time? Fight crime? :D

that had me in stitches :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Is that why they are called Guards and not police???

Am still on the look out for a Bubble Car Project, think i read somewhere that the Isetta was produced in Ireland (amongst other places) so there must be a couple floating about in need of restoration that people know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

I've got a Volvo 480 in Cork that I need shifting. It needs a new alternator so is not starting and would need to be towed away. A few of the snooty neighbours are giving out about it so if somebody wants to take it away for free please do. Either that or i'm gonna have to get it scrapped, which would be a shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Hi folks, I'm going to be listing some vintage car parts for sale over on adverts shortly for anyone that's interested. Included are Ford, Wolseley and Austin engines and gearboxes, glass windshields and quarter panels for Austin A30 and miscellaneous small parts for the Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

V480 wrote: »
    I've got a Volvo 480 in Cork that I need shifting. It needs a new alternator so is not starting and would need to be towed away. A few of the snooty neighbours are giving out about it so if somebody wants to take it away for free please do. Either that or i'm gonna have to get it scrapped, which would be a shame...

PM ahal

He is into his 480s and so are the people in his club. Look at this thread he started here recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

thinking of selling the old 25txi will be looking for 1000 euros for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mac26

Hi, I have a selection of original watercolours and prints of classic cars available for sale on my website www.ianmcgowanart.com
    At the moment I have an original painting of a lovely vintage Land Rover Series 1 that is currently for sale.
    My theory is - if you can't own them then the next best thing is to paint them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭2.8trooper

hi all i will be selling my complete collection of cars and spares in the coming months i have far to much to list so pm me what you are looking for and i will have a sort through,from memory i have the following
    1972 1500 super avenger tatty body work but solid good solid starter classic for someone to restore
    1971 2 door shell rolling will need welding in all usual places nearly all panels to repair included,good historic race car or rally car base
    doors,bonnets,bootlids,wheels,gearboxes,engines,back axles,interior trims,some rare parts
    recently restored avenger tiger mk1 sundance yellow genuine car with rebuilt 1500 engine not original to car but with correct tiger parts
    sunbeam lights doors lotus seats etc
    i will be busy for the next week but will answer all pms as soon as possible parts are located in wicklow
    lotus sunbeam possibly for sale also still waiting on an answer from someone who asked first refusal.

ta dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AMGGSi

I have this 1979 Ford Fiesta for sale, only 17k miles on it from new!

http://totalopel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5797

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aguestie

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of any old/scrapped/rotten/beyond repair Fiats?
    I am interested in old Fiat 500's & maybe Fiat 126. I am also trying to locate an old Fiat car jack. Its the tall black gismo with the hinged pin that slots into the jacking points.

Can anyone help?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

aguestie wrote: »
    I am also trying to locate an old Fiat car jack. Its the tall black gismo with the hinged pin that slots into the jacking points.

Can anyone help?????????

I might have one somewhere, godawful things, useless for jacking up old Fiats with crispy sills:D , I'll check the dead 127s and 850s at the w/end to see if theres one in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Hey guys,

Considering selling my Mercedes W116 for parts/restoration or breaking it for parts myself. I don't have the time to do it.

It's a Nov 79 350SE auto in Anthracite with glorious full black leather, 4 x electric windows & sunroof, cruise control, central locking and was resprayed 5 years ago.

The spray job is one of the best I have seen, it's just a pity that the chap who did it didn't repair some of the rust to the chassis at the same time. I have welded 1 corner, but it still requires extensive welding on each corner of the car. There are a few small bubbles around the car, but overall the car looks stunning (the main reason I paid far too much for it in the first place).

4 of the 5 alloys incldued with the car were refurbished at the same time, and new tyres were fitted since. The wheels and tyres are pretty much as new.

The engine starts and runs really well. The car needs new track control arms, but apart from this, drives superbly.

The interior is in great condition, the drivers seat bolster requires a bit of attention but is not damaged, just worn. The rest of the seats, dash & carpets are in stunning condition.

I am looking to either break it for parts or sell as a project/breaker. The car is currently part dismantled There are absolutely NO hidden nasties with this car, all of the problems are clearly visible. Open to offers.

m2.jpg

commited wrote: »
    m2.jpg

Stunning cars... I have one myself :-)
    Just out of interest, what sort of money are you looking for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cathaloc

Can you give an idea on price please? I may be interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

Blue850 wrote: »
    I might have one somewhere, godawful things, useless for jacking up old Fiats with crispy sills:D , I'll check the dead 127s and 850s at the w/end to see if theres one in them.

u have 850s hanging around the place? u got pics of them?
    any old fiat 500s? they are some nutty yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rust or Weld

Wanted 4 doors & a bonnet for a Granada mk1 can anyone help?
    FordGranada111.jpg
    FordGranada113.jpg
    FordGranada114.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭124 man

Any one know of any body panels for a 124 125 132 ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 22350

yes i do but the hover hawk is not for sale im just looking for a velocet engine for it.one of only 14 left in the world

I have a recently rebuilt Viceroy, with the engine you need for this hovercraft. Contact me at my email and I can tell you all about it.

I am a scooter guy in Los Angeles.

I also have all the information on how to rebuild these engines, as most of the original parts aren't available anymore.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 32 benny_cakes

124 man wrote: »
    Any one know of any body panels for a 124 125 132 ?:confused:

Try guy moerenhout in belgium, his website is http://www.abarth-gmr.be
    supposed to be one of the best for odd ball fiat spares.

or these lads in UK might be also worth a try http://www.middlebartongarage.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Hi folks,

My baby needs more work... A 1968 Lotus Elan+2 with one dodgy carb that cannot be repaired. Does anyone have a Weber 40DCOE18 (they usually come in pairs but I just need one) that they are willing to part with? I don't even need the innards, just the casing.

Thanks!

Advertisement