Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fantastic! I love it! Seems reasonably priced too. GLWS

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What does "requires some attention" refer to, out fo interest.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

esel wrote: »
    What does "requires some attention" refer to, out fo interest.

A few odds and ends, the petrol gauge doesnt work, it could do with a proper set of tyres, needs a switch on the electric seat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

Wanted: triumph spitfire or GT6
    or a series ii/iii land rover

must be in decent nick in terms of mechanics, interior i'm not fussed over, i'll need to replace the seats as i have a bad back

must be minimum 1980 or older

if you have a series landy what im really after is a defender conversion from a series shell preferably an off road racer bells and whistles appreciated

ill also take a good donor and the name of a decent mechanic who'll do it
    my max is 9k

as for the spitfire max is the same but for that cash it'd want to be immaculate

i've no interest in concourse i want a daily driver so reliability and usability are paramount any mod that help this are right up my alley

cash is waiting thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Lyre61 wrote: »
    Any one know of where there might be some Citroen CX parts, mainly body panels. Trying to put a CX estate back together.

I just saw this on ebay and remembered your wanted post above. (I've nothing to do with the seller.)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Citroen-CX-Estate-for-parts-restoration-/190440249219?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c571f9783

• Registered Users Posts: 33 411 guy

heres a bmw lying up in co clare,free to a good home.suitable for parts only i'd say. theres no ignition key and it doesnt run. some windows are broken, a trailer will be needed.PM for more?
    [IMG][/img]th_bmwfr.jpg
    [IMG][/img]th_bmwback.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

gn3dr wrote: »
    I just saw this on ebay and remembered your wanted post above. (I've nothing to do with the seller.)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Citroen-CX-Estate-for-parts-restoration-/190440249219?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c571f9783

You might want to PM him about this too! He might not read this in time otherwise.

411 guy wrote: »
    heres a bmw lying up in co clare,free to a good home.suitable for parts only i'd say. theres no ignition key and it doesnt run. some windows are broken, a trailer will be needed.PM for more?
    th_bmwfr.jpg
    th_bmwback.jpg
    Links to full-size pics:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/bmwfr.jpg
    http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/bmwback.jpg

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

gn3dr wrote: »

Thanks for this, will email him and see what it is like..Right colour too :)

@unkel..thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

Lyre61 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, will email him and see what it is like..Right colour too :)

@unkel..thanks :)
    if u are into citroens a friend of mine has 2 XM 3.0 V6 Citroens going very cheap in Wexford.

on the off chance one of you have or know of a Porsche 924 that's in need of restoring,not too worried about the overall condition,as it will be a nut and bolt job,so a nct failure,accident damaged or rust bucket will do provided it's very cheap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

salysol wrote: »
    on the off chance one of you have or know of a Porsche 924 that's in need of restoring,not too worried about the overall condition,as it will be a nut and bolt job,so a nct failure,accident damaged or rust bucket will do provided it's very cheap ?

look through this weeks threads on here , one in carlow for 850 euro

rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

if u are into citroens a friend of mine has 2 XM 3.0 V6 Citroens going very cheap in Wexford.

could you post some details please
    thanks Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

Thanks but if I bring another one home I will get killed..not too happy about the CX as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

You can have this one for 1800 euros and needs absolutely nothing to be done to it, almost 5000 euros worth of receipts for work done on it and repainted too.

Ali Babba wrote: »
    You can have this one for 1800 euros and needs absolutely nothing to be done to it, almost 5000 euros worth of receipts for work done on it and repainted too.
    very nice and very cheap,unfortunately not what i want,i have 2 924 and another that is stripped for spares.
    so what i want is a car that is beyond repair as i have a very clean shell that i hope to do a carrera gt copy of but i am trying to do it as cheaply as i can,as my finances are stretched to the limit,as i'm sure a lot of you are in a similar predicament.
    as far as the body kit goes i will make my own copy as i go along,i used to make grp boats and molds so it should be fairly straight forward,amazing what you can do with expanding foam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

Ali Babba wrote: »

PM sent!

rugbyman wrote: »
    could you post some details please
    thanks Rugbyman
    <snip> his name is fintan,give him a call before 6pm any evening,he will tell u all about them one is running the other he doesn't have the code so never got it running.bodies and interior seem to be sound.
    hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

WANTED - Front passenger side fog light for 92 Toyota MR2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

peasant wrote: »
    If anyone is breaking a RHD Merc W124, I'd be interested in the two headlamps. Lenses, frames, the whole shebang, complete and in useable condition

(to replace the LHD W124 lamps in my camper)

I have everything you are looking for. What year W124?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gdev77

Still interested in that mini :)

V480 wrote: »
    WANTED - Front passenger side fog light for 92 Toyota MR2.
    i have a complete 1990 mr2 that we were in the process of respraying but the damp destroyed the paint so it will need redoing,i think the engine is siezed though,its my sons and he wants 400 as is

[IMG][/img]th_bmwfr.jpg
    [IMG][/img]th_bmwback.jpg

the car is gone to the great scrapyard in the sky..

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

the car is gone to the great scrapyard in the sky..

Pity - had it been a bit closer I would have taken it.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Wanted:

VW beetle, not looking for a rust bucket or a showroom example. Something middle of the road that I can drive home and work on.

are you lookin for any particular model, 60's or 70's and have you a price range?
    i've a '69 1200 lookin for a new home,other projects are reason for sale, i've owned it since mid 90's, shes taxed and driven regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Girlfriends Mini is up for sale:

Model: Mini 1.3i
    Year: October 1998
    Colour: Amaranth Pearlescent
    Mileage: 90500 (10k on rebuilt engine & box)
    NCT: 10/10

Description:
    My girlfriend bought this car in June 2008. It came from the factory with Full Beige leather, Full Length Webasto Sunroof, Wood cappings, 4 spotlights, Sportspack and a Janspeed exhaust was fitted by a previous owner. We bought it with a crunchy gearbox, so this was replaced with a recently reconditioned unit, along with new discs and pads @ 78600mls when we got it home. It was put in for the NCT and failed only on a loose engine support bar and headlight alignment. With both of these sorted, it sailed through.

Unfortunately, on December 23rd 2008 (and 80501mls) while on a trip to Limerick, the diff casing was holed and all of the oil left the engine. The engine was stripped down and the block was found to be in fantastic condition, just requiring a rehoning. New piston rings were fitted. The crank was checked by howard engineering and found to be perfect, not requiring any machining, so new big end & main bearings were fitted. Oil pump was checked and found to be perfect. The head was fine structurally but the valves were in trouble, so replacement valves were sourced and lapped in for hours and new valve stem seals and cam followers fitted. A comprehensive service was then carried out and a brand new alternator was fitted. As for the gearbox, 1st gear was replaced, 2 new bearings fitted and a new diff housing was fitted. The engine and gearbox were then dropped in with new engine mounts. The end result was a car that started on the button with superb oil pressure and changed gear perfectly. During the running in period, it averaged 52mpg and a post run-in service was performed at 81400mls.

Since then, the car has performed faultlessly, always starting first time. New headlights have been fitted, as well as car mats. It was serviced at 86000miles, and then again last month at 90400miles. The car has 4 good tyres currently fitted, 2 x Yokos & 2 x Kumhos, all with lots of tread, 1 Yoko brand new (i fitted it yesterday)

Unfortunately, the car had a small bump in the back, so there is currently a dent in the boot. Can be supplied with a new bootlid if required. The bodywork isn't the tidiest, but perfectly presentable and serviceable. The A-panels and scuttle need attention as well as the usual bubbling under the headlights. I have a brand new scuttle panel and 2 a panels which can be supplied if required. The original 4 spots were removed and replacements bought, but it was decided to leave them off.

All in all, it's a fairly unique Mini which turns heads everywhere it goes! It drives well and makes a glorious noise. Mostly used for journeys up and down to Tipperary and trips across the M50, so most of the miles have been on the motorway.

Reluctant sale is due to unemployment and general lack of necessity for a car at the moment!

Pics:
    e.jpg

i.jpg

More coming..

(pics of engine rebuild available)

Price: €2995 ono

Contact details:
    Call Mark @ 086 8546150

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

Hi all,

Here it is on eBay - there's lots of detailed pictures at the bottom of the page

A mate is selling one of his DeLoreans if anyone out there is game. It's currently up in eBay on a 10 day sale with no reserve - here's his description:

This car is currently not running, but the engine does fire and run for a second if jumpstarted. It was taken off the road years ago for a brake rebuild job which never happened, and the car ended up sitting for many years.

It was painted black at some point in the 1980's in the USA, before being imported to the UK. However, the paint is not in good condition - it is scratched and faded. I started to experiment with paint removal on the passenger door with Nitromors Automotive Paint Stripper, which easily removed the top coat, but needs to sit longer on the car to remove the primer. The good news is that in the areas where I removed the paint fully, I could see that the original grain of the stainless steel was intact and undamaged underneath.

As you can see in the pictures, the chassis has rust, especially in the front. The chassis would need to be removed from the car to repair it properly. I have restored a couple of rusty DeLoreans before and know this chassis can be repaired. However, I do not have the time to restore this car at the moment (I am currently restoring another DeLorean for a friend) and so the car is just sitting in my garage gathering dust.

The original fuse box is damaged, and has been bypassed - most fuses are contained in a secondary fuse box (in the same area). See pictures below.

Regarding the interior - the dash is perfect but binnacle is cracked (black leather). The seat covers would need to be replaced as there is a tear in the passenger shoulder and drivers seat bottom is worn. The carpets are in great shape. The front and rear bumpers are in great shape, no warpage or shrinkage, and all the glass, lights, etc are very good.

The car has UK (Northern Ireland) plates, and has UK spec lights and foglight fitted. It comes with some documentation - old MOT's etc and a V5.

Cheers

Bob

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I am not too bothered about year or engine size, do you have any photos of your 69 and what kinda money are you looking for? You can send me a PM if you want.

[URL="[URL=http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/?action=view&current=Bugpanjob.jpg][IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/th_Bugpanjob.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]th_Bugpanjob.jpg
    [URL="[URL=http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/?action=view&current=july152.jpg][IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/th_july152.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]th_july152.jpg
    €3,300-negotiable with standard wheels.

• Advertisement

th_Bugpanjob.jpg
    th_july152.jpg
    €3,300-negotiable with standard wheels.
    You need to remove the 'th_' to get to the fullsize pics:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/Bugpanjob.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z275/411guy/july152.jpg

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement