Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

JoeySully wrote: »
    PM sent

replied...see you later!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

johnf2020 wrote: »
    No,,you may ring or email Derrick----its that type of place. The part you want will be down the back, behind the stove, under the mat thats under the cat!!!!:D

gee, that's one hell of a lucky cat, it gets to sleep on Renault parts :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Big lurker here, rare poster. :o I've had a few yokes in my time. Including a Renault 5 turbo. On that score I ended up breaking a left hand drive minter to supply spares for my Irish 88 RHD one at the time. That blew up(long story) so I've a shed full of R5 parts. I've the (black with red)interior, seats etc(except for the clocks and a few other things. A bastid took em at the time and I never got paid :rolleyes:), outer panels like wings, bonnet, doors, bootlid, rear axle, a few wheels, I think there's an engine and gearbox in that lot too. I literally stripped it and all that went to the crusher was the naked shell, but I forget which bits Ive left, save for the above list. There's probably more buried(big dark shed :)). Ive a few Capri bits too, but IIRC they're not in great nick. The R5 panels are tip top(in pearl white type). No rust that I can see.

I was thinking of ebay/UK owners clubs etc, but I'd rather they go to someone locally if anyone here knew of someone?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

Wibbs wrote: »
    Big lurker here, rare poster. :o I've had a few yokes in my time. Including a Renault 5 turbo. On that score I ended up breaking a left hand drive minter to supply spares for my Irish 88 RHD one at the time. That blew up(long story) so I've a shed full of R5 parts. I've the (black with red)interior, seats etc(except for the clocks and a few other things. A bastid took em at the time and I never got paid :rolleyes:), outer panels like wings, bonnet, doors, bootlid, rear axle, a few wheels, I think there's an engine and gearbox in that lot too. I literally stripped it and all that went to the crusher was the naked shell, but I forget which bits Ive left, save for the above list. There's probably more buried(big dark shed :)). Ive a few Capri bits too, but IIRC they're not in great nick. The R5 panels are tip top(in pearl white type). No rust that I can see.

I was thinking of ebay/UK owners clubs etc, but I'd rather they go to someone locally if anyone here knew of someone?
    what part of the country are they ? and was it 3 or 5 door ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

South Dublin. 3 door. Didn't think there were any 5 door R5 turbos anyway?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Is the engine any good?

and i didnt think there were bootlids on hatchback cars

2cv wrote: »
    Is the engine any good?
    Not as a runner anyway. In the sense it ran at the time 10 years ago, but now? I would say rebuild time at the very least because of the lay up.
    kasper wrote: »
    and i didnt think there were bootlids on hatchback cars
    Pedant "expert" to isle four please. :rolleyes: Renault history lesson. It's a Renault five turbo(phase 2 if you feel the need to be precise). They were only ever hatchbacks and 3 doors* and it's common enough to refer to the hatch as a bootlid. Maybe think or research before you post or get snippy. Meh clearly better off if I look elsewhere and sell the stuff rather than give it away as intended.

* and yes I know about the rear engined R5 turbo 2(or 1). I also ran one of those. They were only ever a 3 door too. Ditto for the earlier phase 1 alpine/gordini. If you can find me an R5 of any vintage or engine size that wasn't a hatchback good luck, you've a rarity on your hands.

If you can find me an R5 of any vintage or engine size that wasn't a hatchback good luck, you've a rarity on your hands.

You're probably going to kill me now :D but a 4 door version of the Renault 5 does exist. ;)

It was badged as a Renault 7 and was only sold in Spain... Have a look :rolleyes:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_7

• Advertisement

* and yes I know about the rear engined R5 turbo 2(or 1). I also ran one of those. They were only ever a 3 door too. Ditto for the earlier phase 1 alpine/gordini. If you can find me an R5 of any vintage or engine size that wasn't a hatchback good luck, you've a rarity on your hands.[/QUOTE]

get a bloody life

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Be nice, lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

2cv wrote: »
    You're probably going to kill me now :D but a 4 door version of the Renault 5 does exist. ;)

It was badged as a Renault 7 and was only sold in Spain... Have a look :rolleyes:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_7

omg....ugly ugly ugly....:mad:

corktina wrote: »

Hey i never said it was pretty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

corktina wrote: »
    Its got the same 'lets tack on a boot they'll never notice' look as the VW Jetta MK1....

Its got the same 'lets tack on a boot they'll never notice' look as the VW Jetta MK1....

a few other one spring to mind...

Corsa/Nova
    VW Derby
    Seat Malaga

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Bigus wrote: »
    Any pics or price ?

Hi Bigus,

I would take 400 euro for the car, which is nothing considering it's rarity given that it could be broken for parts. Included in the sale are a few spares, ie; a pair of tail light clusters in perfect condition, a couple of front lamps, an air flow meter, (though I think it belongs to a 2.8!) and also the Bentley manual for the entire 7 series range, 2.8 through to 5.0 litre. This manual alone cost 120 pounds/punts new and is in immaculate condition.
    The car itself has been sat up for some time and to the best of my knowledge, all it needs doing for sure is, a new battery, brakes bled and filled and a new bush on the front passenger shock. The attached pic was taken when the car was in its prime, but just need a scrub and polish to bring it back to life.

Thanks for your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

tc20 wrote: »
    bumpity-bump -

my wife's 95 Mini 1.3i, just passed the NCT during the week, so now vaild until 09/12, and taxed until 12/10. Good, clean Mini, oh, and price reduced too ;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1399155

car was sold at the weekend, sorry to see her go, but that's how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

What did you get for it in the end ? If that's not too rude a question

Well done, it looked like a lovely wee motor for very reasonable money. I bet the new owner is happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Bigus wrote: »
    What did you get for it in the end ? If that's not too rude a question

she went for €1,950, which bearing in mind the way all prices have gone, isn't too bad. The fella bought it on behalf of his daughter, so i'd say she's a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 EwedaMaan

Hi
    I am restoring a 450SLC and require a rear windscreen in fairly good nic, and also a LHS door window. Somebody offered a rear windscreen on here before but I cant find their details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

she went for €1,950, which bearing in mind the way all prices have gone, isn't too bad. The fella bought it on behalf of his daughter, so i'd say she's a happy camper.

Good money you got methinks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looking for two bucket seats, black leather if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 411 guy

i'm clearing leftovers from my garage, i'll take good offers or swap for air cooled vw stuff.!
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1628061

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

As you may have noticed, I put an ad up here for my BMW 735 and also on "Adverts.ie" from where I got a reply!! "I want your car" it said, and so the correspondence began..........................
    After initial contact I got an email asking for the same info that I put in the ad etc. so I obliged. This was followed by another, long winded e-mail, which explained that the potential buyer was at sea, literally, on a ship in the middle of the ocean and wanted to buy the car "by the preferred date as promised to his reverend father....." Then there was a lot of waffle about paypal and cash transfers etc. Do these people not have a life, or is this their life, and do unsuspecting sellers (and buyers) still exist in sufficient numbers to justify this sort of thing? For what its worth, he/she used the email address myglenthy@yahoo.co.uk and the initials MP. I just put a block on it as life is too short.

Did you not google that email address? :D :rolleyes:

Anyway if you have a bit of spare time and if you're interested in baiting scams, head on to 419eater

My all time favourite is still the Nigerian scammer Babatope, baited by "Father Bateyoo Reelgud" :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

unkel wrote: »
    Did you not google that email address? :D :rolleyes:

Anyway if you have a bit of spare time and if you're interested in baiting scams, head on to 419eater

My all time favourite is still the Nigerian scammer Babatope, baited by "Father Bateyoo Reelgud" :D:D:D

Theres some great comedy on there!:D:D
    joe_eboh11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I have a load of engine gaskets for the Essex v4 v6 for sale
    Capri/Scimitar/Granada/Transit
    Fuel Pump Gaskets
    1 * 5mm Fuel Pump Gasket
    1 * 4mm Fuel Pump Gasket
    6 * 3mm Fuel Pump Gasket
    1 * 2mm Fuel Pump Gasket
    1 * 1mm Fuel Pump Gasket
    Photo0185.jpg

Water Pump Gasket
    2 * Brown
    7 * Blue
    3 * Small ones
    Photo0186.jpg
    Photo0189.jpg

Oil Pump/lower engine gaskets - Not sure where they all go.
    OilPumpGasket-1.jpg

5 * Rear Crank Seal made in UK p/n 901530e
    1 * black Motorcraft 86hm 6701 a1a
    Photo0191.jpg

5 * Seal SU901385D
    Photo0193.jpg

12 * cork Gasket ? don't know where all these go :o
    Photo0190.jpg

One set of Valve stem Seals
    Photo0194.jpg

Also have some Rocker Cover Gaskets and some front engine gaskets
    All in unused and in good condition.

OPen to offers

Located in Cork Near CIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sean53

have a datsun cedric and toyota crown coming up for parts if anyone is interested in them.both cars are in monaghan// will try to put photo up later ..

Advertisement