Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ptrreynolds

Hi,
    I'm looking for an MG Midget, not overly picky on colour etc. Would like it to be a reasonably good price and rust free or close to.

If you have something please send me a mail or call - 0879022642.

Thanks,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Torq

As above. Must be irish reg and not falling apart with rust! Not willing to pay silly money. Pm me with what you have. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ptrreynolds

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

A nicely sorted Spider is a joy to drive and you are right to look for the Series 2. They handle well and have lots of power on tap. They also look and sound fabulous.
    One word of caution however, buy the very best that you can afford. They are not cheap to restore or to put back on the road. Also avoid LHD as well as the RHD conversions.

I looked at quite a few nasty specimens before locating my 1978 Series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

JoeySully wrote: »
    Anyone have a new or good used Water pump for an Essex V6 3.0 or 2.5
    fitted to Transit/Capri/Cortina/Granada/Scimitar
    Try Burtons motor sport UK.

$%28KGrHqEOKiME0j5,RD6pBNZkuMVu0%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

If down south it would be even Better ;)

cheers
    Try Burtons motor sport UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Joe I probably have one on my spares scimitar but it'll be a while before I can get to where it's stored to check. How much of a rush are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Thanks Shagman

Im in no real hurry TBH. The pump itself is new enough but there is a lot of play in the Pulley so it May fail soon or may last years, I would like to have a spare at hand though just in case. Funds are low at the moment so good second had would do me fine ;) They show up on eBay every now and then for bargain prices- I'll keep my eye out for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 michael12175

HAVE A S2 JAG FOR BREAKING IF ANY ONE IS LOOKING FOR ANY PARTS. will get photos up in the morning ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

looking for a gear box for a 1972 beetle please if anyone has one going for decent money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

looking for a gear box for a 1972 beetle please if anyone has one going for decent money
    I sold my Beetle for spares last year and I just rang that man asking for the gearbox. He will let me know tomorrow evening if he still has one and I will let you know then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 michael12175

rover p6 for breaking , driving perfect and mannual. al parts for sale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

after a sh1t year last year, looking to put a smile on my face with one of the following citroens

a cx prestige, a sm, an xm exclusive/prestige, or even an xantia exclusive/activa

if you're getting rid of one, let me know, even if it needs work :)

Seweryn wrote: »
    I sold my Beetle for spares last year and I just rang that man asking for the gearbox. He will let me know tomorrow evening if he still has one and I will let you know then.

thanks seweryn...its for the brother in law as my sister was out driving it in naas the other day and it just went kaput:(

thanks seweryn...its for the brother in law as my sister was out driving it in naas the other day and it just went kaput:(
    Hi Chief,

Just let me know if the gearbox has the double joint drive shafts or the straight single ones? I.e. what model is it for - 1200 /1300 or 1302 or 1303. If you are not sure, post a photo of the car.

thats her

thats her
    Chief,

It is most likely 1200 / 1300. My one was 1302, so may not fit (unless Richie, the guy I sold my Bug to, has a different spare gearbox). Your Beetle could also be a 1500 (unlikely on Irish market). But anyway, I will let you know as soon as I know anything.

its a 1300 seweryn

its a 1300 seweryn
    Hi Chief,

That is a different gearbox than in the 1302 then. But anyway, what is wrong with the existing one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Yes it's FREE but it's also frost damaged....leaks from inside unit and from trigger unit.... might be fixable, useful for spares perhaps and at this price, it's got to be worth it. :D

BUYER COLLECTS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

corktina wrote: »
    BUYER COLLECTS
    If you get it for free, are you a buyer!?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If you get it for free, are you a buyer!?:D

You're a collector :P

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

bmw 520 fit for spares. 1988

anyone interested before its scrapped at the weekend?pm me

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

corktina wrote: »
    Yes it's FREE but it's also frost damaged....leaks from inside unit and from trigger unit.... might be fixable, useful for spares perhaps and at this price, it's got to be worth it. :D

BUYER COLLECTS
    If you still have it I'll take it this afternoon ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 david_orr

im looking for a bmw e30 316/318. would prefer white or silver with m tech body kit. but not to pickey:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

rover p6 for breaking , driving perfect and mannual. al parts for sale

is that an old volvo on the truck with it?
    i want a few bits

Top Dog wrote: »
    If you still have it I'll take it this afternoon ;):)

only just saw this....Pm me...

You're a collector :P

its a collectors item? oh well, that DOUBLES the price then!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RossDonegan

WANTED:

Ford Granada Mk3 alloys. The 7-spoke 15'' ones. Only need 1, but will buy a set if there going cheap.

Or a cheap set of 16'' Granada Cosworth alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

2cv wrote: »

Anyone interested, before she goes to the scrapyard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

2cv wrote: »
    Anyone interested, before she goes to the scrapyard?

Scrapyard o.O Tut tut!!!

Advertisement