Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1960812
    What good would paperwork be with a scrapped car....oh..wait...:rolleyes:

another guy looking for a logbook I guess! nO POINT bothering reporting any more.Donedeal need to police themselves before someone decides they are an accomplice before the fact or something!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just throwing the feelers out here before I confirm if I need one...

My driver's side window has been intermittent for a few weeks and now is stuck 2 inches open. :o
    Still need to determine if it's the switch (I wish) or the motor.

The passenger window has never worked and I'm sure that the motor's bust.

So in short I'm probably looking for the two motors - or whichever one anyone might have!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

You need to take off a door panel and check the teeth on the lifting mechanism. Teeth usually go at the last two or three inches... the hardest to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dades wrote: »
    So in short I'm probably looking for the two motors

Looking for a motor last year and I found Traynors a bit pricey at £125 for a motor for the 928 (never mind the Porsche price - I think it was €400 :D) and did a bit of research. Came across this company in Oklahoma (US) who sell parts and dismantle Porsches - just Porsches :eek: Oh the benefits of economies of scale! Anyway got my motor for €70 shipped to my door. Happy days...

If you can't find your motors here on boards, try your luck with them

100a.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    If you can't find your motors here on boards, try your luck with them
    Thanks, but no joy there, unkel.

There's a second hand one here on fleabay, but that'll be a last resort.
    Have to wait till Saturday to get a look at the innards, anyway.

8~) - will check out the teeth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

check out these guys, they're just around the corner from me and I know the owner.
    They have a massive amount of spares for 924/944/968, but also 928 and 911's. They send internationally too. I was there ones picking up a few parts when they were crating an almost brand spanking new Porsche 928 V8 factory rebuilt lump to be sent to a customer in the Middle East...

Van Zweeden Porsche Parts

Thanks Paul, their site doesn't show the parts, but I've emailed them as they suggest on the homepage they may have it regardless.

Thanks, but no joy there, unkel.

What year is your car, or does it matter? Just checked and they have both left and right side motors for the 924 for $75?

What year is your car, or does it matter? Just checked and they have both left and right side motors for the 924 for $75?
    Nothing for me... when I add "1983"; "Porsche 924"; and "Window Motor" in the search I get options for Non-Interchange search using Porsche 924 and similar models OR Non-Interchange search using only Porsche 924...

Either of those brings up "Sorry, no match..."
    Did you get a direct link maybe you could copy? :)
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Mine does the exact same thing! What are the odds! I was going to take the switch out and clean it. You can test if its the motor by putting power directly across the motor. Its in the Porsche service manuals that I have on my home PC. Did I send them onto you already?
    Actually thanks for the reminder! I have those manuals thanks so should look them up and maybe print out a few pages before Saturday. :) Have the Haynes too.

Also - you've just prompted a thought - I should charge the battery ahead of attempting a repair. Tis probably a bit weak from Winter use and the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Not quite a swap, but am looking for a p/x: I'm looking for a 99 - 03 BMW F650ST or F 650 GS bike, against my 968.

PM if you have/know/etc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I see the little Renault is off the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

hot car this...can be seen in Cork or at Kilkenny this weekend.

e8tlz5.jpg

Low mileage shell.5 speed box.Janspeed manifolds.Twin wide bore exhaust.chrome rocker covers.Very low.Very fast.

Known faults.Speedo,tacho and horn not currently working

€6000

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

corktina wrote: »
    Known faults.Speedo,tacho and horn not currently working

€6000

Corky, the least you could do is fix the above. :confused:

WANTED - 1969 TOYOTA COROLLA for short film project.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Thats not a corolla and afaik the 1960's ke10 corolla is an extremely rare car here! a friend of mine owns this one

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss263/KEV1-3S/abandoned%20classics/?action=view&current=Ke10andacclaim.jpg

I've never seen another here although I have heard there is another but I'm not sure where to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

malene wrote: »
    WANTED - 1969 TOYOTA COROLLA for short film project.

Thats a Toyota Corona. Very few in this country. Saw one tonight incidentally, but it's a resto project.

Thats a Toyota Corona. Very few in this country. Saw one tonight incidentally, but it's a resto project.

It's actually for about 2 shots and won't be moving, it will just be sitting there. Camera will be coming in from the back and turning to the window , with 2 people inside. Don't need to see interior at all really. It's about an incident that happened in Norway, where the driver has a Corolla.

Maybe I'm looking for a Corolla and uploaded corona pic by mistake. oops.

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    check out these guys, they're just around the corner from me and I know the owner...

Van Zweeden Porsche Parts
    Dades wrote:
    I've emailed them
    They came back to me with two motors for €50 each and about €50 postage... nice one. :)
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

I have some parts or sale for an Opel Kadett C Coupe: Passenger Door, Rear Boot Lid, Carpets, other trim parts, odds and ends. Any interest?

• Advertisement

They came back to me with two motors for €50 each and about €50 postage... nice one. :)
    Thanks again.
    Well - there's been a turn-up for the books...

I only accessed the drivers door and after a lot of messing with switched and the wiring I hooked the battery up direct to the motor in a vain hope - and whirrr - window goes up, window goes down... :)

So I'm changing my WANTED request to switches (x3) as I tried swapping them all about to no avail (though they all look in perfect condition). Will try the places mentioned previously, of course.

429479?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1300115817&Signature=7GzfBxFt8Ukwfxx2wA%2FYo1tLlow%3D

I was thinking it might be the switches in my case too as one of them doesnt feel great when you press it. I was going to take the switches out and give them a good clean.
    Yeah, I had the switches open and put back together and tbh they looked fine. There is a chance it's the wiring between them and the motor but it all looks shipshape. Have to wait till next Saturday now to fiddle some more.
    I wouldnt mind seeing looking at the process of testing the motors though. Your based near me arent you Dades?
    I'm in Blackrock, Dublin. But don't think I'm going to open up my trim again unless I have to! (I basically pulled the wiring plug off the bottom of the motor and ran current from the battery directly to the two terminals). PM me if you're doing it and I'll talk you through the trim-removal experience if you want.

Yeah, I had the switches open and put back together and tbh they looked fine. There is a chance it's the wiring between them and the motor but it all looks shipshape. Have to wait till next Saturday now to fiddle some more.

You're gonna have to take a multimeter to it. Been there, done that :D

In my case it was the motor alright. I measured 12v going into it when pressing the switch, so my switch and wiring were fine. My motor wasn't. The new motor is now fine though :)

Edit - oops, missed your earlier post. Old Porsches and the dodgy electrics can be anywhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

I have some parts or sale for an Opel Kadett C Coupe: Passenger Door, Rear Boot Lid, Carpets, other trim parts, odds and ends. Any interest?

Yeah interest here, you've got a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

We are selling our MX5 / Eunos.

Great little car and what fun to drive, My asking price is open to offers within reason. Feel free to PM me or call.

Please no time wasters, or insulting offers !!

Here is a link to it on donedeal.http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1988280

DSC_2503.jpg

Nice!

Any NCT on it, Jack?

Nice!

Any NCT on it, Jack?

Hi Unkel

It will have a NCT, need to take it back as the headlamps need adjustment. I fitted the halogen headlamps to take H4 bulbs instead of the sealed beam.
    I bought these headlamps on ebay, they were the clear but meant to be legal !! So I might land up changing them if I cant get the adjustment correct.

So in short I have 20 days to sort this and it will have NCT.

Cheers

Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

How much jack?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    How much jack?

Hi there,

I am open to sensible offers, I have listed it on Donedeal at 3500 ono.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I have a 1990 mk2 Golf Gti 16V 5door for sale, its an unfinished project.

Lots of new and modified parts, body needs some welding.

Heres a link to the project thread on vagdrivers http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39851&st=100&gopid=604509

I'm looking for €2000

Cheers Murph

Advertisement