Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

Looking for MGB GT or Roadster.
    Body and paint work must be in excellent (rust bubble free) condition. Cars needing mechanical work of interest if the price is right.
    Overdrive a big advantage.

Maximum budget:
    MGB GT: €2000 for rubber bumper or €2500 for chrome bumper.

MGB Roadster: €2500 for rubber bumper or €3000 for chrome bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

looking for set of door cards & rearquarters for a ........
    1977 2000 ST toyota celica RA28

anyone know where id get a set please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

Wanted:
    1980s E28 5 series BMW parts, specifically a decent interior and front and rear bumpers. Could be interested in any other E28 parts also.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭justmyself

1965 Ford Anglia 105E for sale:

How much would I expect to get for this Irish reg’d 1965 Ford Anglia?

Its in pretty good condition considering its over 36 years old. Easily could be used as is, but I’m sure enthusiasts would like to sparkle it up with a bit of cosmetic work…

Housed in a carport in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 – so never weather beaten/ soiled.

Only really noticeable rust is on the lower rear wing (see last photo). Due to water gathering, easily patched and a long term fix would be to replace the rubber seal to protect from rain/ water.

Lots of spare parts as another Anglia was dismantled to refit/ build this Anglia.

Also has the desirable 6 digit Irish Registration: AZL *** - heard that can be worth as much as the car itself?

Only has had 3 owners from new!

2s9si01.jpg

23jjz45.jpg

2lvzdqb.jpg

23t34o8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Has it ever been resprayed or is it in original condition?

• Advertisement

Resprayed once, in original Matt Paint... as i would have been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

justmyself wrote: »
    The respray is visible on the tyres so I'm not sure how good a job it was.

It really depends on the condition as the car has been stood a while and as I've found in the past all pictures are lies when cars are concerned. BTW the number plate is only worth something if you scrap the car or else sell the brown log book and ring another car in better condition.

As for value I'd put it somewhere around 1k as I reckon its rougher than the pictures show

To be honest, the spray job was done a good 7/8 years back, and real enthusiasts I’m sure would indeed redo it.

I’m no expert, but I’d definitely respray it if I bought it, as there’s obvious bits & pieces of body work to be carried out if you want to showcase… and you’re never going to match different paint jobs no matter how good you are… so a respray make sense to me?

The tyres have paint on them as they're VERY old and had no mass put on them during spray job, definitely need replacing. At the time I told the sprayer I'd be replacing the tyres, so he seemingly didn't bother his bum covering appropriately... was a bit piddled off about that at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Wing mirrors, front seats in blue, or a whole car for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

8~) wrote: »
    Wanted:
    1980s E28 5 series BMW parts, specifically a decent interior and front and rear bumpers. Could be interested in any other E28 parts also.

Think Fentons in whitechurch has one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

justmyself wrote: »
    i like the look of that anglebox, what sort of price do you have on it? pm if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ep71 wrote: »
    i like the look of that anglebox

Anglebox? LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

unkel wrote: »
    Anglebox? LOL :)

Have you never heard that term for an Anglia before?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Have you never heard that term for an Anglia before?

If anything i thought that would refer to the older ones! Do explain...

If anything i thought that would refer to the older ones! Do explain...

It's just a general term for an Anglia, like a Shuvit for a Chevette.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

^^^^^ along with others: All-aggro and Marooner. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shepard

hi, thinking about getting pre 1980 porsche 924 as a project,non runner would suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 only_sideways

8~) wrote: »
    Wanted:

Hi, I should have a full black / grey comfort interior for an e28 if interested. I'd also have a pair of front seats only in cream, comfort version again. Think the black interior is rip free, will have to double check. The bolster is gone on the cream drivers seat but the rest is intact. PM me if you are still looking. No bumpers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi all
    I'm on the hunt for a Triumph TR6. Standard enough (150), 'sorted' car with good body/chassis, Good paint, pref red but would consider other.
    Looking at all the usual sites/dealers in the UK, but please feel free to drop me a line if you know of, or are selling a good 6.

Many thanks

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

keving wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm on the hunt for a Triumph TR6. Standard enough (150), 'sorted' car with good body/chassis, Good paint, pref red but would consider other.
    Looking at all the usual sites/dealers in the UK, but please feel free to drop me a line if you know of, or are selling a good 6.

Many thanks

Kevin

I know of two sending you a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Might be of interest to someone on here with a passion for the classics. :)

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336fa027c140707ae61f585f411368f338a.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/other-books-magazines/motor-related-books/536337

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'm looking for a 165/80/15 new or used tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Hoping to sell my Beetle in the next few weeks

1971 1300cc Irish Car ZA Dublin Reg

Brown Log book with Matching stamped VIN:

4 New Tyres

Chrome in Perfect Order

New front bumper fitted over a year ago

All lights, locks, windows, radio work.

Good Orginal Condition for a 40 year old car as you can see from the pictures and gets a lot of attention on the road.

Interior/roof lining is aged but still very presentable

Rare to find one in black on an Irish Reg, kept in Garage all Year round, starts first time and drives nicely. 2keys

I've priced the car to reflect the conditon/age/market so please no timewasters. This is not a fully restored €8,000 beetle.

Good starter Vintage Car i take it out everyweekend when dry for a run.

Tax: July 2011

Private Mail me if Interested

Cheers

€2500

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I've a towbar off a W124 Mercedes E class saloon there, all wiring and bolts.

Free to a good boardsie home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I'm looking for a brake caliper piston spreader tool to borrow for a weekend.
    Anyone near Cork City have one?

One like this.
    AK711.jpg

I know I wouldn't be handing out my tools to strangers so I'm Willing to pay a deposit so you can be guaranteed to get it back.

Thanks
    Joe

Uncle is selling this, if anyone around here is into ye olde english motoring.
    Full?id=5983863

Full?id=5983865

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2060701

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sid131

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭quickrack

New or nearly new please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jozx7r

keving wrote: »
    Hi all

Many thanks

Kevin
    Golden Oldies Self Drive Classics in Donegal has a mint one, check them out they'll know where you might find one or you could have a run in theirs to get a feel for one before you buy.
    www.classiccarhire.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mgmidget

I'm selling my MG Midget:mmmm.jpg

Year: 1974
    Engine: 1.3 Petrol
    Colour: Orange
    Mileage: 17,000 miles

New Engine, Spoked Wheels, New Hood, Chrome Bumpers, New Bonnet,
    Radio Cassette, Rear Head Rests, Sunroof, No Rust, Full mechanical History.... a great car :cool:

Price: €5,350

If you're interested (or have any questions) just pop me a message,

Thanks

K.

Advertisement