Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

2cv wrote: »
    Cool.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm wondering, do other people feel the same about UK registered stuff for sale? I can imagine that people would be reluctant because of all this hassle with the new VRT rules...

I have no problem with the rules as such, in that it will remove illegal vehicles from the road.

But I agree that there is a concern. If I bought a car that had been "in a shed" for a few years waiting for vintage - what exactly will I have to pay? Is a receipt enough to prove I just bought it and the seller is the guy the revenue commisioner wanted to talk to?

Also if the vehicle is post 1980... it needs an MOT to be vrt'd - that that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

si_guru wrote: »
    I have no problem with the rules as such, in that it will remove illegal vehicles from the road.

But I agree that there is a concern. If I bought a car that had been "in a shed" for a few years waiting for vintage - what exactly will I have to pay? Is a receipt enough to prove I just bought it and the seller is the guy the revenue commisioner wanted to talk to?

Also if the vehicle is post 1980... it needs an MOT to be vrt'd - that that true?
    From my understanding it needs an MOT or equivilant. Mine has a fresh one thank God otherwise it would have to have an NCT done. I'm unsure how invasive the NCT is but I will ask next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mustang68

I got rack and pinion steering in the Mustang 68, so for a 67 - 68 mustang I have:

Flaming River Steering Box, about four years old, never overtightened it, good condition, low classic mileage. I'm looking for 200 for it.
    163183.jpg

Most of a 1968 rack including original arms, a two year old ram, a two year old powersteering valve, the pitman arm and hoses (the valve could do with a new boot, quite cheap, easy to fit). The ram cost me 200USD and the valve about 200USD so it very good at 100 euro.
    163181.jpg
    163182.jpg

Finally I also have a Edelbrock 600CFM Carb, manual, was running nicely when I took it out, no gremlins at all. 150 euro
    163184.jpg

I'm in west Dublin and would like to offer these to a boards member before I stick them on ebay. If you're interested PM me and I'll get right back to you, I'd like to shift them by this weekend. As you know the best thing about all these parts is that they are in Ireland :) Feel free to ask questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Well im looking for a mk2 golf or jetta diesel, for a project anyone know of one going cheap, would appreciate it very much thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

This seat was thrown in the back of the Rover I got from Wilksontown so I would assume it's from some sort of a classic Opel, anybody recognise it?

As the picture, red and grey with 'turbo' embroidered into it

PIC_0127.jpg

PIC_0126.jpg

Someone here might want it, so said I would put it up here,

Its available free up until the 31st of October :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have to ask - why until then? :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    I have to ask - why until then? :D

I imagine it will be on a bonfire that night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

This seat was thrown in the back of the Rover I got from Wilksontown so I would assume it's from some sort of a classic Opel, anybody recognise it?

As the picture, red and grey with 'turbo' embroidered into it

PIC_0127.jpg

PIC_0126.jpg

Someone here might want it, so said I would put it up here,

funny its reminds of the seats in a daihatsu charade turbo from 84 !! could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭500man

would anyone have a pair of slip on headrests

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Hi, I'm thinking of putting this up on Donedeal or even here, 1986 Nissan Vanette petrol but wondering what its worth, on the button, drives perfect, father in law used to own it and it was minded like a baby from new, I got it about five years ago...........

imgvanette.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Reluctant sale of my original old irish reg E30. Here is a link to the ad on done deal.

Any tips/comments appreciated!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2273333

• Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I haven't seen the E30 but I've seen one of this man's other cars and it was in absolutely immaculate condition. GLWS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PorscheBren

E30,you don't state the year anywhere ...but a nice looking car that is sought after:)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

E30,you don't state the year anywhere ...:)
    apart from the title.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PorscheBren

ops...i missed that .....sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DubDubStep

ADAM J wrote: »
    hi all i am looking for a toyota boxy starlet anything considered cheers

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2155829
    Hi, there are a few.
    Here are two for example:
    1998 Toyota Starlet 1.3L
    1999 Toyota Starlet 1.3 XLi 1.3L
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

DubDubStep wrote: »
    Hi, there are a few.
    Here are two for example:
    1998 Toyota Starlet 1.3L
    1999 Toyota Starlet 1.3 XLi 1.3L
    Cheers.

I think he means the old type boxy starlets,
    like this one;
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2045489

good luck to anyone who has near €2000 to spend on a 98 starlet.

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Just have the ad for my Marina gone on DD.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2248451

View2?id=6761314
    Provisionally sold

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deminiman

Im selling my Mercedes 190, She's my baby but unfortunately she has to go as I've moved house :-|

Have a look :-)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220804679292&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:IE:1123#ht_500wt_1156

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Deminiman wrote: »
    Im selling my Mercedes 190, She's my baby but unfortunately she has to go as I've moved house :-|

Have a look :-)
    Nice ;).

Did you buy it from a Lady living in a cottage in Co. Mayo or Sligo by any chance?

• Advertisement

Yes I did!!! :)

U know the car then??

Yes I did!!! :)

U know the car then??
    Yes, I do :) (I think I know every 190D in the country at this stage...).
    Did you get much work done to it apart from the mechanical bits mentioned?

Bits and pieces, I sorted out the boot floor, was fairly rusty.. shultz the underneath, got the sunroof and wiper going.. the usual 190 stuff.

U have one yourself?

Bits and pieces, I sorted out the boot floor, was fairly rusty.. shultz the underneath, got the sunroof and wiper going.. the usual 190 stuff.
    That's great, at least the car is been looked after :).
    There was a hole in the side channel close to the left rear jacking point - typical weak point of the W201. Did you get it done by any chance?
    U have one yourself?
    Yeah, I have two of them at the moment. The last one I bought was a non-runner and was in the wrong hands, but most of bits I got sorted and she is now a lovely driver.

Seweryn wrote: »
    That's great, at least the car is been looked after :).
    There was a hole in the side channel close to the left rear jacking point - typical weak point of the W201. Did you get it done by any chance?

I did I got that sorted too :-) I took my time but I got it done. You have worked on this car? Or did you import her? Im intrigued you know her so well :-P

I did I got that sorted too :-) I took my time but I got it done. You have worked on this car? Or did you import her? Im intrigued you know her so well :-P
    No, I didn't do anything to that car. I saw that 190D for sale on eBay last year and simply went over to have a look at it, but finally you must have bought it :P.
    I test drove it and before that I topped up the oil before I started the engine (the nice lady was only driving the car ;)). Then I checked it over in general, that's it. Nice car, but it was more of a project at the time. Well, as every older car :).
    Good Luck with the sale, I will keep my eye on it.

No mention in the ad that it is diesel? And engine size is down as 2cc! :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    No mention in the ad that it is diesel? And engine size is down as 2cc! :D

2cc diesel, Sure she doing a million mpg!!!

C'mon!!! :-D

2cc diesel, Sure she doing a million mpg!!!

C'mon!!! :-D
    Sure, but bidders should know that they are bidding on a diesel car - otherwise, it all might go pear-shaped on you. 2cc bit of my post was the :D bit.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I might be tempted to sell my Bluebird if anyone is interested...

Full?id=6928616

Full?id=6928617

1.6l, 71k miles, timing belt went in last week, NCTd to august 2012, and taxed to november - Needs nothing except a new owner with 950E!

Anyone want more pics, please PM me.

Advertisement