Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

gyppo wrote: »
    I might be tempted to sell my Bluebird if anyone is interested...

Full?id=6928616

Full?id=6928617

1.6l, 71k miles, timing belt went in last week, NCTd to august 2012, and taxed to november - Needs nothing except a new owner with 950E!

Anyone want more pics, please PM me.

Where is this located? I've a mate who'd go mad for one of these :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

gyppo wrote: »
    I might be tempted to sell my Bluebird if anyone is interested...

Full?id=6928616

Full?id=6928617

1.6l, 71k miles, timing belt went in last week, NCTd to august 2012, and taxed to november - Needs nothing except a new owner with 950E!

Anyone want more pics, please PM me.
    I may have an interest too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I may have an interest too

You're number 2 in the Q so :-)
    LOL

I have to admit that personally, i don't quite see the attraction, but for some reason my mate is mad into them :D

When i was iccle, my dad had a 1982 Bluebird 2.0 diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Car is located a few miles outside Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

Looking for a Austen Maestro or Montego 2L Diesel??
    kindly PM me if you know of one.
    Thanks
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Looking for a Austen Maestro or Montego 2L Diesel??
    kindly PM me if you know of one.
    Thanks
    D

Just out of interest do you want the car or the Perkins engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

si_guru wrote: »
    Just out of interest do you want the car or the Perkins engine?
    The engine and the bits that go with it, conversion of a Landy S3 Petrol
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

The engine and the bits that go with it, conversion of a Landy S3 Petrol
    :)

That what I thought! Never seen or driven one, but supposed to be great conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

looking for a bonnet for a W124, pre facelift, preferably original part, and if it was in Blue/black met (199) that would be even better.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭aidhan

I have a bonnet in light blue met. paint may not be great. Will have a look tomorrow.
    Just found this pic. Would this bonnet suit? Rest of car gone.
    DSCN6204brown230eron.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deminiman

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Although I've enough projects on teh go at the moment, I'm toying with getting a Mini. I'm looking for something pre 1980. A bit of rust (within reason) doesn't bother me as I have plenty welding and fabrication experience.
    Engine and box I'm not worried about as I'm thinking about going a more modern route with the powertrain.

I'm a bit broke so sensible prices please - or would swap a brand new Plasma cutter or maybe other tools / car parts?

What have you got? PM me please.

(Located in Kerry)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bren96

Hi

I'm interested in buying a W123 model Mercedes 240D or maybe a 300D to use as a daily driver.

Could anyone point me in the direction of one in good condition?

Thanks

Brendan

I have cash waiting as I sold my Marina yesterday.

I'm looking for something in good condition that is driving fine. Preferably in the wicklow area.

Must be older than 1997.

That is all. PM me with what you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'm looking for something in good condition that is driving fine. Preferably in the wicklow area.

Must be older than 1997.

Well done;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Must be older than 1997.

what is your price range?

davoxx wrote: »
    what is your price range?

Up to €1700 but I'm a tight git :D

I've looked at a few cars the past few days but nothing tickles my fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Up to €1700 but I'm a tight git :D

I've looked at a few cars the past few days but nothing tickles my fancy
    This was just posted in the Bangernomics thread by another member - might tickle your fancy for summer motoring :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2310410

Full?id=7018654

Top Dog wrote: »
    This was just posted in the Bangernomics thread by another member - might tickle your fancy for summer motoring :D

I was just looking at it on DD. Pity there is no NCT. I'll think about it this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

bren96 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm interested in buying a W123 model Mercedes 240D or maybe a 300D to use as a daily driver.

Could anyone point me in the direction of one in good condition?

Thanks

Brendan

Friend of mine has a 300d (not for sale) which he uses daily. These are very reliable and return around 30mpg. Expect to pay around 6/7 k
    for anything decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

shawnee wrote: »
    Friend of mine has a 300d (not for sale) which he uses daily. These are very reliable and return around 30mpg. Expect to pay around 6/7 k for anything decent.
    My 300TD S123 was returning almost 40mpg on average and could do better on a long run, but it was equipped with the Getrag 5-speed transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

I saved a few parts from the Rover P4 60 before it got squished :eek:

Some one might need them, have a bonnet for a Series 2 Jag or Daimler too.

http://www.adverts.ie/707403

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2322794

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

I have been entrusted in selling a Renault 16 for a friend who is emigrating. Is a 1971 car that has had a few modifications but is in sound order. He has not used it in 2 years so needs some mechanical work to make it roadworthy,,brakes etc etc., but would make a good classic. Its not rotten by any means.

PM me for more details and will discuss. Pics available by phone.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2325018

My Capri for sale, would swap for a modern car, diesel mondeo/ santa fe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

***SOLD***

I'm selling my car cover, which is too big for my car.

Will suit an Estate car, Suv, Minivan or mid/full size American car.

Price: 30e

***SOLD***

Snmek001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I,ll have it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

Hi there, I bought my 924 on the 1st of May, and I love it, BUT, it is awkward for us when we're transporting my toddler, as his booster seat must go in the front. No room in the back for my girlfriend then, oops :rolleyes:

I'm just putting the feelers out to see if there are any pre-1980 4 door car owners out there, who wouldn't mind a change. Even a coupe with usable back seats would do. The pics I uploaded aren't the best by the way, but haven said that, the car is best seen in the flesh anyway. Windscreen has been replaced since the photos, and all trim is present :0)

Engine is a 2L N/A, very cheap to maintain as parts are freely available on ebay, and there is phenomenal support available from the UK forums, which to be honest I would miss if I move on. The body kit is 944, and it has a 944 gearbox and interior. It was rebuilt during the 80s but I don't have much more history than that it was bought in the UK about a year ago and the spray job was done here in Ireland (spraying the front tyres also :D)) The head gasket was done about 6 months ago.

There are some little fiddly bits to be done, which you could do yourself if you are handy (I'm not!). The drivers side window needs to be realigned, Petrol flap needs to be resprayed (I bought one but it's red!), drivers seat needs restitching in one place. Ariel needs to be mounted. Main Beam stalk needs to be swapped out (I have a spare). Sounds like a lot but they're all small jobs.

Thanks for looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

Hi
    I have a SWB 1979 Series 3 Landy, original 2 1/4 diesel engine with free wheeling hubs, overdrive, 6 seats, zv plate, spare parts, radio. sound proofed, recently serviced, aluminium bonnet side and rear crossmember guards.
    Its kept under cover all year round, currently running on rape oil( how eco friendly is that)

Only 34,000 miles from new( cant tell if clock has ran round) starts on the button is my daily driver.

The only piece of rust is drivers door and I have a full brand new re-placement just not painted yet. i even have the paint.
    sm-DSC06498.jpg
    This is not my landy but same colour and wheels.

I would like to swap it for something interesting, maybe a 2 berth camper, or e- type Jag(dreams). I would put money with it for the right machine.
    I'm not interested in projects.

Wanted leather interior plus door cards for an MGF or TF.

A later cloth TF interior may also do.

Tonneau cover also wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

1600cc Fiat Twin cam engine and 5 speed gearbox. Dry stored. €250.

Advertisement