Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭angrybiscuits

http://www.adverts.ie/1906024

please it would pain me to dump these but clearing house...

Majority CAR magazine, but small selection of AUTOCAR Auto express etc mainly 1990 to 2006 but few as early as 1985.

If someone wants these foc, please respond, need to clear them out
    If they are still available please let me know. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Im surprised there has been no taker for this. Seems well worth the asking price?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 allana13

Did you find anything mate

Gonna have a big sale on shortly, all sorts of stuff in the shed and the attic needs to go to finance a new motor..watch this space..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

watching since hours... will ya come on... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bmcg

Just put this old boy up for sale should anyone be interested...

http://www.adverts.ie/car/mercedes-benz/e-class/1995-w124-mercedes-e-class-coupe/2113811

Not using it enough to justify lining the motor tax office pockets anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

124 Coupe, nice looking car, but completely overpriced. Simular one sold in Cork recently for E550. The buyer re advertised it for E1250. Look at the 1964 220S for E4950, on D.D. which is a far more valuable car. Its a sign of the times!! But good luck anyway, you just never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

mattroche wrote: »
    124 Coupe, nice looking car, but completely overpriced.

Can't blame him for trying :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

@itsfixed

Good luck with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Some lot of parts there!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

My daily driver is a '94 Mazda 626.

I've had it since Jan '02 & its been a loyal & faithful servant ever since.

NCT till June '13, after which it will be Hello to Mr Scrappy.

It can be only be described to being in 'fair' condition.

Would anybody be intrested in this car?

They're getting rare now...

Im surprised there has been no taker for this. Seems well worth the asking price?

It's back up on Donedeal now, for €150 :D

2cv wrote: »
    It's back up on Donedeal now, for €150 :D

Again, I'm surprised its still there. Must be someone looking for a parts car?

Again, I'm surprised its still there. Must be someone looking for a parts car?

It might be "tatty", as the owner describes it, but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't take that much to put it right again. Very rare car!!! Come one, someone snap it up before it end up in the crusher :mad:

It might be "tatty", as the owner describes it, but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't take that much to put it right again. Very rare car!!! Come one, someone snap it up before it end up in the crusher :mad:

It seems it's our own Kevin Herron selling it, so you know it's going to be exactly as described.

It seems it's our own Kevin Herron selling it, so you know it's going to be exactly as described.

If i had the room for it, i'd take it... but 7 cars is plenty i think :D

If i had the room for it, i'd take it... but 7 cars is plenty i think :D

Lol.. Try 10...:D

Lol.. Try 10...:D

If I had the space, i would :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mindiman

Wanted Volvo Amazon any condition. Coupe or Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

mindiman wrote: »
    Wanted Volvo Amazon any condition. Coupe or Estate.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3957139

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mindiman

Seen that already. Was talking to seller earlier this week. He has a sale agreed he said. Buyer coming on sat. Do any of you know any other estates from that era? Need it as a project

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

I am looking for a VW beetle engine 1.2/1.3 and also new housing for the engine..

Milly33 wrote: »
    I am looking for a VW beetle engine 1.2/1.3 and also new housing for the engine..

Is yours beyond repair? You could Dave @ http://bugbitz.com/main/ for a refurb.

well tis kind of..The housing is all bit rusted so I defo need a new one. Called Murray and he said they are around €750 I didnt think they would be that price. And the engine isnt that old but the amount of messing around that has been done on it, id say tis better just to start from a new..

I have emailed this gang thanks a million hopefully something I can afford might be around

€750 for a new engine, or just the fan housing/tinware?

He said it was just for the housing or the block as he called it..Thought twas a bit much really..

Not really... new engine cases are painfully expensive, and parts and labour to recon and old one won't be cheap either.

The tinware is cheaper, should be around €250 for a complete (reproduction) set but you probably don't need it. I'd imagine yours could be cleaned up and re-used, unless I'm way off and it is rusted beyond repair....

Ask on Eircooled for a complete second hand engine, you might get lucky with a nice 1600 that could be dropped in, literally in minutes.

• Advertisement

...but I would speak to Dave @ Bugbitz first, he may have an exchange motor ready to go.

Advertisement