Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

What would be the general consensus on buying this? it would be a bit of a project to have for some weekend summer driving

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-midget-1975-1-6-petrol-cabriolet-/6376240
    26632229.jpeg
    I have no knowledge on these cars but I reckon they can't be that hard to work on and that one might be value for money.

Is it too cheap and probably a rust bucket or worth going to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You couldn't go wrong for €750 or less, VRT will be €200, if it hasn't been paid by the seller.

Anything particular on this model to look out for?

Nevermind it's sold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Saabturbonut

hello , selling a grill badge removed from an old merc i sold , does have flaws as shown , expected for age , looking to get €15 posted or €10 collected , in clare
    1509041_10152165435002279_1801810793_n_zpsc69bf1eb.jpg
    1891132_10152165433267279_487610698_n_zps8f8442ea.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

BillJ wrote: »
    What would be the general consensus on buying this? it would be a bit of a project to have for some weekend summer driving

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-midget-1975-1-6-petrol-cabriolet-/6376240
    26632229.jpeg
    I have no knowledge on these cars but I reckon they can't be that hard to work on and that one might be value for money.

Is it too cheap and probably a rust bucket or worth going to see?

Ahh that's just over the road from me. Its been sitting there for a good while with the cover over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Mk2 Toyota MR2 for sale

1992 revision 1 163hp sunroof model, non-turbo. Currently insured as a classic for 150 euro a year.

Totally original and in excellent condition.

1400 euro - PM me for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

nearly sure i have K10 micra taillights and old nissan-datsun cherry stuff in shed in Donegal if anyone looking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

cplwhisper wrote: »
    nearly sure i have K10 micra taillights and old nissan-datsun cherry stuff in shed in Donegal if anyone looking

What sort of stuff exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adeadly

Hi,

I'm selling my mint 1989 316i Lux, all electrics, and only 61k miles

see add

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e30-316i-lux-low-milage/5210948

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

K10 Micra '86 ro '90 - all original Nissan Parts (ex-staff and had K10 Van back in the day)
    front L/H clear indicator lens, the rectangular bumper insert lenses (all orange x1)(orange/clear x 2)
    set of original brake pads.
    Windscreen-washer jets (pair)

QH Brand of Water pump for Nissan Cherry
    Yes i know i should took photos but can do same next time home...

had more the oul boy must have re-homed them

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭hometruths

I want to rebuild a Series Land Rover from a galvanised chassis and I am looking for series 2 or 3 restoration project as donor car. Condition of chassis unimportant, but looking for straight panels.

Ideally an 88' with truck cab or van hard top but will consider anything. Any leads much appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 timetraveler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

Anyone know of any lada rivas laying about or have they been all shipped back to Russia mate of mine is looking to buy one for his dad as he had one back in the day and loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

WANTED - NUMBER PLATE CLIPS 1970's/1980's

Anybody here got some number plate retaining clips lying about?
    (The type of retaining clips which hold plastic numbers/letters onto the number plate - as used in the 1970s'/1980's.
    They look like washers with a row of 'teeth' around the inner rim - which grip onto the plastic numbers)

I want to tidy up some plates and the clips are rusted away and falling off at the back of the plates.

I've seen them on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

aujopimur wrote: »
    I've seen them on ebay.

I've just spotted them on ebay too ....thanks to macplaxton telling
    me what they are called - 'Starlock Fastners'!
    Cheers!:D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=starlock+fasteners&_nkwusc=starlock+fastners&_rdc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

hi all , sadly due to lack of space and funds we have reluctantly decided to sell the dodge hearse ,
    its a 49' dodge b2b flat 6 petrol engine with a three speed gearbox ,
    the engine was dry seized when we got it but we managed to free it out but haven't got around to getting it actually running ( shouldn't take much as there is good compression and everything is present )

it would be a very interesting project for someone whether they decide to restore it back to a hears or make it back into a pick up is up to them ,
    it is right hand drive and has all the paperwork present , it is currently declared off the road , we are open to any reasonable offer's ( but no daft ones ! )
    we are not trying to rob anyone so anything within reason will be considered ,
    you can contact me on 0877437783 or pm me and i will get back to you if you are genuinely interested , its in the north leitrim area , some pictures ,

DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01885.jpg
    DSC01884.jpg
    DSC01883.jpg
    DSC01888.jpg
    DSC01889.jpg
    DSC01890.jpg
    newbeast031.jpg
    newbeast032.jpg
    newbeast035.jpg
    newbeast036.jpg
    might take her out of the shed this weekend and give her a wash !!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

SIERRA VAN ..............!!!!!!!!

yes this is the real thing ,

a unique opportunity to purchase what is believed to be one of only two in existence anywhere ,

built in fords of dagenham as an experimental vehicle to test the commercial market in Ireland and the UK ,

three were built but to my knowledge only two survive ,

based on a sierra 1.8td estate ,

genuine ford built and converted ,

false floor and bulk head fitted by ford in house ,

old brown tax book which states " van " on book ,

starting and driving perfect ,

i retro fitted a genuine sierra power steering rack and pump when i got it as you would need arms like Schwarzenegger to steer the thing ,

bought as a resto project for me but sadly lack of funds means it has to go ,

please note this is a restoration project and it will need extensive work to the rear end and chassis ,

bad points, need sills and rear door repaired and patching to chassis general overall tidy up ,

i also have a 91' white sierra van for sale also 1.8 turbo diesel ,

also needs sills and repairs to the passenger floor ,

starting and driving but needs restoring ,

€600 each with a shed load of parts thrown in on the deal ,

pm me or ring me on 0877437783 , but please no gob****es ringing for a chat , if your lonely ring the Samaritans .

genuine callers please i wont tolerate messers or texts ,

scrapandsierravan007-1.jpg
    scrapandsierravan006-2.jpg
    scrapandsierravan005-1.jpg
    scrapandsierravan008-1.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal014_zps05a25cad.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal013_zps36a32236.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal010_zps793634d5.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal007_zps18b55a05.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal006_zps4e5f075a.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal005_zps9584212a.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal004_zps754d22d9.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal003_zpsfa8ffbc6.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal002_zps432a91b8.jpg
    sierravanredfordonedeal001_zps8758c7a8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

Alfa GT Junior / GTV or similar
    Hi all,

I've been playing with the idea of selling my modern BMW 320d for a classic alfa. It's just something that I want to get out of my system. Just wondering if anyone is aware of any Alfa GT Juniors / GTVs in the country? I'd like to see one in the flesh first and try one out before I go any further

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks

Barry

• Advertisement

Free to whoever wants it, 90's Rover Infotec service technician information book, covers, 800, Montego, Maestro, Metro and Mini.
    Collection Cork City, or I can get it as far as Swords Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

Hi again, I just re-listed the BX on done deal for 1500, as I just got an E36 touring. The reason for the 300 price-drop is because the BX needs a back box and a couple of ball joints have started to wear. Apart from that, it is a real pleasure to drive; much nicer than the E36. I can't keep it long-term, though, it's too good for what I need it for, with the 2 dogs and all that. The Citroen mechanic who wanted to buy it can't buy it now but I have a guy from the BX club in the UK coming over next month to see it, if it's still with me. Cheers, Enda.
    HiKite wrote: »
    Hi folks, this is mine: CITROËN BX GTi 8v It's a class car but I need an estate so I can bring my dogs to the beach etc. and the BX is way too good for that. €1800 with €50 back for luck is the firm price. Thanks!
    03423267-583F-4703-8576-4C23530DE676-3289-0000022B7C572591_zps7f3dc809.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

hi folks... I am selling a 79 VW Derby on ebay..

One owner, 17k miles, completely original. Irish car from new. paintwork will need tidying up as it has been standing since 02 but it runs and drives spot on. All consumables will likely need changing, but I thought that would be part of the fun for the new owner. Here is the link! There is a lot of interest from the UK as there are so few of these left, but it might be nice to see it stay in the country!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Volkswagen-Derby-1100-/281278311273?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417d7e6b69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

If the derby doesn't make mad money I'll be in touch, nearer auction end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

johnty56 wrote: »
    hi folks... I am selling a 79 VW Derby on ebay..

One owner, 17k miles, completely original. Irish car from new. paintwork will need tidying up as it has been standing since 02 but it runs and drives spot on. All consumables will likely need changing, but I thought that would be part of the fun for the new owner. Here is the link! There is a lot of interest from the UK as there are so few of these left, but it might be nice to see it stay in the country!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Volkswagen-Derby-1100-/281278311273?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item417d7e6b69

I saw two local to me in the last week. They aren't that rare.
    Would be a pity to lose it to the UK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭B2AUDI80

Looking for 2 driveshafts complete from an 85 model suzuki Alto , think the model is CB91 maybe

Any help or links appreciated,, thanks

Pm me or 0861764856

Willie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Hi

I'm looking for a few letters to complete my 80's number plates
    Well the original letters have fallen of somewhere between 1982 and a fewmonts ago.

Looking for Y B 1 or I

Cheers

Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i have a mk2 Cortina 2 door back seat on adverts.ie if anyone is interested

probably sold already...watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Jaguar Alloys for sale Lattice 16 x 8J x 33mm. They are on DD. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 cregganna

HiKite wrote: »
    Hi again, I just re-listed the BX on done deal for 1500, as I just got an E36 touring....

Enda, sorely tempted as I used to own a 1989 white one of these. Loved the car! OH always says she loved the interior. Fantastically comfortable, quirky and fun to drive.

Advertisement