Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Benmoore86

Hi there I'm looking to rent a workshop for light evening work and the odd Saturday
    Respectable mechanic in the game 13 years, tidy and as quiet as I can be!
    The closer to crumlin, Dublin the better
    Would need electricity but water not important
    MUST BE SECURE

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GavFitz

Thanks for the help guys.

I think I have tracked down an irish 88 white one, just trying to buy it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

I'm pretty sure this is the same car sold last week for less than 4k. Someone's after a quick profit but, it has to be said, I think it was sold cheaply in the first place.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-granada-gxl/13735642

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

gfwd wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the same car sold last week for less than 4k. Someone's after a quick profit but, it has to be said, I think it was sold cheaply in the first place.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-granada-gxl/13735642

On first glance I thought this too.

Reg on last week's was ZV95## and it was a 1977 Ghia model

This one is 73 LK and a GXL.

Definitely the one last week was very cheap if it was a good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mk1 gran

Wanted. Mk1 mk2 granada panels or any other bits. Am restoring few granadas and if anyone any bits give me a pm thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

GavFitz wrote: »
    Morning all

I am on the hunt for an AX GT if anyone could help?

All info appreciated

‎Ned Nangle‎ to Irish Classic Car Drivers
    6 hrs ·
    I have a Citroën AX GT as part of my collection and I wanted to do it up but I may also let it on if there is enough interest. It's a night nav car with 1400 engine and lsd in gearbox, runs lovely and drives sweet but needs attention on bodywork but just usual like rusty under rear windows. Sills perfect and rear axel is clean car solid underneath floor. If anyone has any interest please feel free to pm me
    Ned Nangle's photo.
    Ned Nangle's photo.
    Ned Nangle's photo.
    Ned Nangle's photo.
    Ned Nangle's photo.
    Love
    Haha
    Wow
    Sad
    Angry
    CommentShare
    11 11
    Comments
    View 3 more comments
    Niall Guinan
    Niall Guinan Ger Guinan
    Like · Reply · 4 hrs
    Niall Guinan
    Niall Guinan I have few bits from one of them, bodykit,alloys, customised interior and should also have lights front and back somewhere if you need any, nice car by the way
    Like · Reply · 4 hrs
    Donal O Callaghan
    Donal O Callaghan Christopher
    Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs

copyed from cars from 600 or less on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

GavFitz wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys.

I think I have tracked down an irish 88 white one, just trying to buy it right now!

Can I ask where you found it? I had a white '88 one that I was dead sorry I ever sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Hi

About 24 magazines for sale, 17 of them classics, the rest Top Gear etc. Can be seen in Glasnevin.

€2 each or €30 for the lot, boardsie discount available.

Linky link....

https://www.donedeal.ie/caraccessories-for-sale/car-magazines-top-gear-classic-cars-amp-others/13850029

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Im on the lookout for a nice E30 pre 87, not much on donedeal, anywhere else I should look? What about the UK, is there much hassle getting something this age VRT'd?

edit: sorry, didnt spot the sticky for wanted ads, mods, you can move if you like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

xabi wrote: »
    What about the UK, is there much hassle getting something this age VRT'd?
    VRT should be fine - it's the NCT you'd need to be thinking about! At the very least ensure the UK car has a fresh MOT.

(All these acronyms are a bit OTT.)

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    VRT should be fine - it's the NCT you'd need to be thinking about! At the very least ensure the UK car has a fresh MOT.

(All these acronyms are a bit OTT.)

Yeah, meant NCT :o. Is it the same NCT as newer cars go through? Any allowances for classics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Yeah, meant NCT :o. Is it the same NCT as newer cars go through? Any allowances for classics?
    The NCT test is exactly the same, or with more detailed check for rust.

The exhaust emissions are tested against the limits applied for the period when the car was first registered.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Try posting an 'E30 325i wanted' in the classifieds section of E30owners.com. You'll occasionally find members selling their cars through the site too. Mostly Irish members & Irish cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gavman1

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Try posting an 'E30 325i wanted' in the classifieds section of E30owners.com. You'll occasionally find members selling their cars through the site too. Mostly Irish members & Irish cars.

I know ye said pre 87 but there's a four door 1990 on dd atm, it's in roscommon and cheap enough,only 2Ltr tax aswell.and no,it's not mine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

gavman1 wrote: »
    I know ye said pre 87 but there's a four door 1990 on dd atm, it's in roscommon and cheap enough,only 2Ltr tax aswell.and no,it's not mine lol

Classic tax id assume, would have to garage it for 4 years

Yeah, want it as a classic as it would be a project and something only driven occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jim327

Hi . Not sure if right place for this but remove if need be .
    Got 1977 VW Beetle for sale .
    Orignal Irish car . Old brown tax book.
    Starts drives and stops .
    Needs full restoration .
    Rust and welding .

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Forest Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 65,348 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If you're so sure it will need nothing for the NCT, why not put it through? Cost €55 and you'll easily get €155 more for your car than now.

That's an easy €100 for an hour of your time driving it to the NCT, having a coffee and a rest and driving it back home :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Absolutely. A car with 13 months NCT is worth a heck of a lot more in people's eyes than one about to run out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Forest Fire

Good idea. Is it worth it though. Plus 50 quid more tax for another month....I'm certain it would pass as Mechanic gave it the 100% thumbs up 6 months ago.
    I got a 1991 190e in the meantime which is so much more comfy to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Im on the lookout for a nice E30 pre 87, not much on donedeal, anywhere else I should look? What about the UK, is there much hassle getting something this age VRT'd?

edit: sorry, didnt spot the sticky for wanted ads, mods, you can move if you like.

Vrt'd a 83 one recently without probs. Uk ones suffer from salted roads damage, so arches and underbody can be rough enough. I'll pm you a contact who deals in older e30's and could have some for sale. I only deal with with pre 87 but have none for sale atm. Nct lads treat them like any other car (most of the time) the guys here in Killarney love old cars;) so the nct will rumn for only 1 year stints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

Seweryn wrote: »
    The NCT test is exactly the same, or with more detailed check for rust.

The exhaust emissions are tested against the limits applied for the period when the car was first registered.

Where can I find out the exhaust emmisions for when my car ? Its an 82 1.6 scirocco. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

hamburg wrote: »
    Where can I find out the exhaust emmisions for when my car ? Its an 82 1.6 scirocco. Thank you.
    It is in the NCT manual online. It makes no difference what car you have, only the first registration and the type of fuel matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

Seweryn wrote: »
    It is in the NCT manual online. It makes no difference what car you have, only the first registration and the type of fuel matters.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Emission standards / allowances are lower for pre-1991 vehicles.

I recently put my 1984 fuel-injected classic through it's first NCT (since importation).

CO allowance (above 4.50% = fail) : my car = 2.15%
    HC allowance (above 1,000ppm = fail) : my car = 94ppm

Just make sure the car is well serviced pre-NCT and is well warmed-up on the day, i.e. to normal operating temperature

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,348 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If your car is from before '92 (Euro 1 - emissions test ), it doesn't really matter. If your engine is running normally it will never fail the emissions testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

I'm looking for a set of Peugeot 505 alloy wheels (not TRX)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

hamburg wrote: »

Is it a red one with steel rims?

Advertisement