Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cupboard door fell off

Options
  • 04-09-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi - one of my cupboard doors in the kitchen has fallen off. I can see where the screws were there is not enough 'wood' left to screw it back on! Is it possible to fill these holes with some sort of fillers so that I can then screw the door back on in the same place?

The cupboards seem to be made of some MDF stuff, quite lightweight and not very robust. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

There are a no of ways around this but the quickest is put a rawlplug in the hole and screw into this. You may have to make the hole a little bigger and more uniform to take the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

matchsticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

kodak wrote: »
    matchsticks!

+1

or if you are handy at all put the door flat face down on a table (or any flat surface) and put the screws into the holes then fill around them with 2 pack filler. Leave the filler till it hardens unscrew the screws then sand the bits sticking up then rehang the door

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

S.L.F wrote: »
    +1

or if you are handy at all put the door flat face down on a table (or any flat surface) and put the screws into the holes then fill around them with 2 pack filler. Leave the filler till it hardens unscrew the screws then sand the bits sticking up then rehang the door

what is "2 pack filler"?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Tester46 wrote: »
    what is "2 pack filler"?

Similiar to Isopon or U-Pol.

If you go into a wood workers shop they will know what it is

• Advertisement
Advertisement