Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Day Table Toppers

Options
  • 04-09-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

OK i've thought of this question myself so forgive me if its not the slickest of phrasing.

"On the opening day of every premiership season, before a ball is kicked Arsenal have always been top of the table. Who were the last team before Arsenal to occupy this position before a ball was kicked on the opening day"

you get the jist?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You've set a difficult question, can I ask, was the team before Arsenal entered the top-flight?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

jerseyeire wrote: »
    You've set a difficult question, can I ask, was the team before Arsenal entered the top-flight?

sorry mate, no clues !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Accrington Stanley springs to mind but this might be too far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Aston Villa are the team but i'm not sure what season. It's either 1914-1915 season when Arsenal were in the 2nd division or it was 1926-1927 season when Arsenal last used "The" before their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

AFC Bournemouth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

portumna wrote: »
    Aston Villa are the team but i'm not sure what season. It's either 1914-1915 season when Arsenal were in the 2nd division or it was 1926-1927 season when Arsenal last used "The" before their name.
    Correct, 1914/1915 was the season as Arsenal were in the second division. It was also the season they dropped Woolich from their name. Interestingly they finished 5th in 14/15 but still were still one of the 3 teams promoted from the second division once footbal resumed after ww1 at the expense of the 3rd and 4th team.
    AFC Bournemouth never played in top flight and only prefixed their name with AFC in the 1970's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Arsenal are the only team in English Football, If not world, never to have won promotion or been relegated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Arsenal are the only team in English Football, If not world, never to have won promotion or been relegated..

Nonsense.
    Arsenal were relegated in 1913

Advertisement