Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! UL e-mail not working for me

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

that looks nothing like the email outlook thingy I have.

That does not show where More is on Outlook.com that is UL portal, something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Here's how IT departments work. youtube embedding is disabled so you'll have to click on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhLcHp6Fs0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

that looks nothing like the email outlook thingy I have.

That does not show where More is on Outlook.com that is UL portal, something completely different.

It is not in outlook!

It is in Microsoft Hotmail.
    Go to www.hotmail.com and use your IDnumber@studentmail.ul.ie as the email address to log in, and you will get to where Ninty9er was showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

How do the lecturers email you, will they email your hotmail, studentnumber@ul.ie, or will I have to mess around with outlook or whatever to get my first name. second name@ ul or what..?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Forgot the student mail part, but I was just wondering which one:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

They have giving out a Yellow ITD book to help first time users of the system! Just look at the table infont of the info desk in the library!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

There are currently four others that I know of who cannot get into their student mail.

I can't register my modules either, keep getting told I'm not authorised. Have sent mails to saa but surmise that they are too busy to answer me. Got ITD to mail them as well.

This is fairly sucky!

Mossin wrote: »
    It is not in outlook!

It is in Microsoft Hotmail.
    Go to www.hotmail.com and use your IDnumber@studentmail.ul.ie as the email address to log in, and you will get to where Ninty9er was showing.

hotmail.com redirects to Outlook.com. the thing 99er had was UL portal or somesuch thing, which I managed to log into but no "more" folder.

Frolick wrote: »
    They have giving out a Yellow ITD book to help first time users of the system! Just look at the table infont of the info desk in the library!

The yellow book is a load of bollicks, the information is either innacurate or out-of-date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I can't seem to access the "Lecture Notes" option from the "More" tab when off-campus
    Works fine in UL, but not so outside.

"The service is not available. Please try again later."
    Is this normal? Its pretty frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is Outlook running really slowly for anyone else?

My laptop froze about 3 times a minute ago because of it. I had to restart the machine :(:mad:

It packed up several times today when in the library. got the material I needed from SULIS anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KatyBob

I have a question, you know the way you click the icon and log in all nice right? how come sometimes I get my emails and other times I don't?? Is it not installed on all computers.
    I mean on some computers I get the normal email but fancy with all my email messages and others I get the fancy email but no email messages. Headwrecking but I don't mind if its only temporary....is it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is it still possible to set up college mail via IMAP/POP on home pcs/laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KatyBob

Never mind, apparently I just had no e-mails :o So ya it works just give it time. Also I find getting lecture notes easier through the student homepage than the email. :D

Advertisement